Building qview

I’m trying to build qview in Haiku, which I’m interested in because Haiku’s default image viewer can’t show gif files in motion.

I think every one of the required libraries is in one of the repositories. When I tried building, I got this error message repeated in an infinite loop

Info: creating stash file /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/.qmake.stash
Project MESSAGE: This is a release build
Project MESSAGE: Installation prefix is /usr/local
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/mainwindow.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvgraphicsview.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvoptionsdialog.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvapplication.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvaboutdialog.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvrenamedialog.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvwelcomedialog.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvinfodialog.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvimagecore.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvshortcutdialog.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/actionmanager.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/settingsmanager.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/shortcutmanager.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/updatechecker.cpp
WARNING: Failure to find: resources/resources.qrc
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/mainwindow.h
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvgraphicsview.h
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvoptionsdialog.h
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvapplication.h
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvaboutdialog.h
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvrenamedialog.h
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvwelcomedialog.h
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvinfodialog.h
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvimagecore.h
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvshortcutdialog.h
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/actionmanager.h
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/settingsmanager.h
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/shortcutmanager.h
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/updatechecker.h
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/mainwindow.ui
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvopenwithdialog.ui
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvoptionsdialog.ui
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvaboutdialog.ui
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvwelcomedialog.ui
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvinfodialog.ui
WARNING: Failure to find: /boot/home/files/source/qview/qview_5.0/src/qvshortcutdialog.ui
/boot/system/bin/rcc: File does not exist ‘resources/resources.qrc’
/bin/qmake -o Makefile qview.pro

have you tried with:
haikuporter -S -j1 --no-source-packages --get-dependencies qview

qview isn’t in the repository

looking at the source code, it seems the file names qmake expects are slightly different from the ones included.

edit: so after renaming everything in src to what’s expected, I still get this message repeated

Project MESSAGE: This is a release build
Project MESSAGE: Installation prefix is /usr/local
WARNING: Failure to find: resources/resources.qrc
/boot/system/bin/rcc: File does not exist ‘resources/resources.qrc’
/bin/qmake -o Makefile qview.pro

maybe a folder name just needs renaming…

edit2: now, I’m getting stuck because it’s trying to write to /usr/local/bin, and it can’t.

It appears to be in the repository. I can see it in the x86 repository as qview_x86 and in the x86_64 repository as qview

1 Like

Huh. The first time I checked it didn’t popup, but maybe that’s because I wasn’t updated at the time.

Looks like it’s an older version. You may be able to use the recipe for 3.0 while building 5.0 though.

Maybe. I’m still not familiar with how recipes work, but I’ll look into it.

I submitted a pull request at HaikuPorts. Hopefully 5.0 will be available soon.

2 Likes