Building on macOS: cannot find zstd.h

I am trying to make an x64_build of haiku on macOS (ARM64). I followed the instructions on the haiku website, but get an error when running jam -q -j4 @nightly-anyboot:

…/src/kits/support/ZstdCompressionAlgorithm.cpp:17:12: fatal error: ‘zstd.h’ file not found

Not sure why I get the error since I installed zstd using homebrew (and I checked, zstd.h can be found in /opt/homebrew/include) as mentionned in the documentation.

You need the development package for the zstd library. I don’t know how exactly that is called in homebrew.

I’m not sure there is a specific package for development on mac: I installed zstd using homebrew and it installed link libraries as well as header files too already.

Maybe you’re building on a case insensitive filesystem?

I’m building on a case sensitive filesystem: I created a case sensitive volume.

Actually you need the zstd_devel package for haiku , not the one for macos , for some reason it doesn’t seem to be pulled in during the build process, maybe @davidkaroly knows something about it.

Please include a complete log of the failure. This should at least include the compiler command line that was ran by jam, and in there, the list of include paths that were searched.

And we can also check if it was during a step where compiling for the host machine, or for Haiku itself.