Building Haiku under windows

Hi all,

This is perhaps very stupid question, but can I build Haiku from within windows OS?
I don’t need it to run…just to build it to know my changes are buildable before build it under Haiku itself.

I really hate to use other development environments other than MS VS.

10x

Just build it under Haiku

The short answer is no, you cannot build Haiku with Windows. The long answer is that if you setup a case-sensitive file system and installed cygwin with all the pre-requisite software then you should be able to build Haiku, with a little luck and a bunch of work.

But almost certainly not using MS VS. Unless you can figure out how to make it work with Jam. And a different compiler etc.

I was thinking of several other possibilities…

1. Using SAMBA share (I’ve read somewhere that Haiku support this) and using MS VS to edit files and build under Haiku.
  2. Some sort of Haiku virtual machine & disk sharing, but Win can’t read BeFS…
  3. Using CVS/SVN to check in from Win, check out from Haiku & build…

Whatever, 10x for answers :slight_smile:

Of course, editing code from VS is no problem! The 3rd of those solutions should be fine… you could run haiku in a VM, svn up for changes and build them. I don’t think haiku supports samba, beos had samba and maybe that used to work in haiku, but unless I missed something it doesn’t have it at the moment. I think windows can do nfs though, so you could use that (haiku has got full nfsv4 support in the nightlies).