Boot screen stuck at the rocket

I did try both
When I tried fail safe video mode, the story was the same
And when I selected resolution, the thing stoped, as you can see in the screenshots

Btw, given the fact that this is more of an issue than a simple problem, I should open a ticket if it shouldn’t I?

Yeah :slight_smile: Include as much information as you can, including the haiku hrev, system information, boot methods (EFI from USB, etc) and the log screenshots.

You can also use the BeSlySystemAnalysisTool to catch system Information. You can Export and add it into the bug tracker.

Https://software.besly.de

Just look into the dump before you post it anywhere as it can easily contain plenty private information.

Okey, so I booted Haiku from my HD, using CSM and I got this
Any ideas or suggestions?
Update: Tried the same on the live USB (which worked before), and got the same
(Now I booted with the multiGPU support)

This is a problem with HDA (audio adapter) driver. Report it to dev.haiku-os.org. Write Haiku version (hrev…), set component to Drivers -> Audio -> HDA and attach crash photo.

You can avoid crash by using safe mode in boot loader.

Do you know how I can dump the syslog from
KDL?

You can use syslog | tail.

I rebooted the system and everything is fine no :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, you got not reproducible crash. It should be fixed anyway.

Okay XD
Hope so :wink:

Hello Extrowerk,

I have a short question. Have you ever used BeslySAT and ever got private data in the export file? If so, why don’t you report this to the programmer, if not why then such a statement. BeslySAT only uses the tools used in Haiku and prepares the whole thing a little visually.
No more and less.

regards lorglas

FWIW ThinkPad x230 works great with haiku.

I already explained earlier:

• dmidecode output contains every single serial number of the used hardware
  • ifconfig output contains the NIC MAC adresses and connected AP names
  • listimage output contains the name of all running programs
  • pkgman output contains the name of every installed package
  • syslog can contain any kind of personal information

So the program:

• collects unnecessary information
  • doesn’t warn the user about this
  • and it doesn’t try to remove any of this in any kind of automated way

Extra point: you publishing the collected data on the internet

According to this i consider this software harmful for privacy. Hope it makes things clear.

1 Like

Ok thats make things clear. I never see private data included the files like the wan address or mac address too. And the description inform to make the name of the stored hardware without user name.

With other words, i should remove the app and collected data. Without storing hardware informations no one can create drivers for not supported or not complete supported hardware. And without collected data the project make no sense.

DONE project closed, only on git as source available

For reference: BeSly Project

inspired by this discussion, i asked myself what the data on the BugTracker server looks like and created a ticket for it.

Thanks @extrowerk for the eye opener

https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/15754#ticket

I need to make this clear, we do not publish this informations on the Internet. And we does not Upload any data automatically. The user need to send them to us with a Mail.

The plan was to create a database of hardware for the haiku developer for creating drivers. We never come to the point of a online database, because of too low interest by the community. The informations, add by the user in the program should be available to make it easy to find supported hardware.

And now Back to the main part of this post.

Hi, it’s me again
Tried to rub the most recent nightly and got the same error that brought me here in the first place :stuck_out_tongue:
So, when trying with the Nvidia card, got exactly the same stuff, but when trying with iGPU the list line is the one I’ll show in the pic I uploaded image image
Idk which one will show first, but the one with colored letters is running with normal boot, and the other one is in failsafe mode
UPDATE: So, like last time, I tried to boot the Live USB from CSM, and it booted. I installed it on my HD, then rebooted the system and booted Haiku from HD by EFI, and everything went fine. (The image quality was better wtih EFI than whit BIOS xD)
Btw, I had some issues with refreshing. Some apps didn’t clean from the screen, and I had to move a window adobe the old closed window to clean it.