Blender 2.81 is working on Haiku

Just note that the OpenGL in software won’t scale past about 8 cores since it’s mainly memory limited… the huge cache on some of the Threadripper 3 CPUS may help.

When you go to do an actual render though it should be quite fast…Cycles is pretty good about that.

Brilliant! So happy to see it work!
(I wanna use it for 2D animation and sound)

I’ve installed blender with pkgman, but I have this error when starting it:

runtime_loader: Cannot open file libosdGPU.so.3.4.0: No such file or directory

libosdGPU.so.3.4.3 is installed, not libosdGPU.so.3.4.0

I’ve tried to copy the lib with a new name:

cp /boot/system/lib/x86/libosdGPU.so.3.4.3 /boot/system/non-packaged/lib/libosdGPU.so.3.4.0

but it’s the same when running blender.

Blender needs to be rebuilt.

1 Like

Good day,

Well, seems that some improvement has been made to Blender lately. The new released 2.79b available in HaikuDepot seems to work fine now on “famebuffer” video driver without the cursor black square trail that was seen before…
blender1
blender2

That means, that there is no interference while working with models. Still need to test this out with a complex model though, but improvement is there. There are some quirks still present, but the direction seems definitely the right one.
Blender4
This one shows a detached viewport (detaching viewports also work) with some weird font rendering.

Kudos to the devs!!!

Regards,
RR

4 Likes

Ah that’s great news.

Maybe the font rendering problem is related to the themes problem here:
https://discuss.haiku-os.org/t/wrong-default-font-in-calligra-and-trojita/10471/22?u=brunobastardi

https://discuss.haiku-os.org/t/wrong-default-font-in-calligra-and-trojita/10471/21?u=brunobastardi

It is Blender 2.79b not Blender 2.81 what is working now! Don’t get it wrong because of the headline…

Which means Haiku has to be started in EFI - Mode.

How to get the Framebuffer video driver using the VESA screen size now?

I have adapted the patch from x512 for sdl 2.0.14 + Mesa 21.
Blender works perfectly, without mouse glitches and font rendering issues.

screenshot140

12 Likes

The mouse leaves no traces, not because of the use of the framebuffer, but because I turned off DirectMode in sdl2 library.

4 Likes

Latest Blender versions should also work, but it is slower.

4 Likes

Custom Blender’s cursors works fine for now (implemented custom cursors for sdl2):
screenshot142
screenshot141

13 Likes

But custom bitmap cursors available for nightly only (not for beta2) - https://git.haiku-os.org/haiku/commit/src/kits/app/Cursor.cpp?id=06ed32b8c4ed857f589da5eb5a5a4d668f271645
Therefore, we need to wait for the haiku version to be updated on builders.

4 Likes

Blender 2.92.0

screenshot21

screenshot19

17 Likes

Good day,

Amazing, @3dEyes:yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: :yum: me want

If I can ask a thing, when Blender gets published on HaikuDepot, can it be published as Blender 2.92 instead of plain Blender (if devs agree)?
That way users (thinking me here :flushed:) will be able to have Blender 3.0 and Blender 2.92 together. Bringing models from old versions into new versions that provide new features can cause, sometimes, import issues (I have experiences importing from 2.79b into 2.81 with awkward results).

Thanks and KUDOS!!
Regards,
RR

4 Likes

Where are that theme? i want it :V

I agree. Also Blender 2.79 and should be separately packaged. It is much faster when using software rendering and it is not fully compatible with latest version.

4 Likes

Good day @cosmogatokat,

If you refer to the Blender themes, you can set them in the user preferences. You can pick one of the available themes or create your own to match your Haiku theme :wink:

Regards,
RR

#sent from the pimped laptop :slightly_smiling_face:

If you want to try, you can install Blender 2.92 from my repository with experimental packages - http://haikuware.ru/ . For Haiku nightly builds only!
After adding this repo, you need to update the packages (mesa 21final and sdl2) for Blender to work correctly.

Good idea. But this will be possible after the release of Haiku Beta3.

4 Likes

This is your screenshot from 11 years ago :slight_smile: from qube.ru:

8 Likes

How to do this?
Using HaikuDepot or do I have to compile the files on HaikuPorts by myself?
In HaikuDepot and in your repository there are no packages (mesa 21final and sdl2)?
Very exited to try blender on Haiku

1 Like