I am really new here, so please excuse my newbie questions.
I am working on the port of a new lightweight editor for developers called LiteXL and I would like some guidance on how to release it to more people. I have it already here running, and it seems to work pretty well.
I am not the original author of it but I port it for other systems, like AmigaOS 4 and MorphOS, and I thought to give it a try for Haiku, as I am learning more about it. The official repository of the editor can be found at GitHub - lite-xl/lite-xl: A lightweight text editor written in Lua and my own repo is at walkero/lite-xl - lite-xl - Gitea: Git with a cup of tea
So, now with my questions:
- How can I make a hpkg package that will be able to be installed on the system?
- Is it preferred applications that are ported from other systems be in the HaikuPorts repo? If so, I will create a fork and do a PR with all the changes that are needed.
- The application works with some scripts in Lua. These need to be accessible always from the application. The folder structure is like the below:
Should these be stored like below, respectively?
And if so, how can I do that?
- If I manage to make the files go to the specific folders as seen above, can I rely on these paths to find them, no matter from where the application is started?
- How can I add a default icon for the app?
- How can I make it appear in the applications menu?
I am sorry for the many questions, but I would like to proceed with the specific release in a proper way. You don’t need to provide all the info in detail. If you can point me to where I need to look about these, that would be great.
If someone would like to get an experimentation archive, please let me know and I will release one.
Thank you in advance for your help.