Beemulated.net software archive for download

Would be fine to get some tutorials how to use these emulators for our knowledge base.

Hi Lelldorin,

this two are very easy to use Emulator:
Start Emulator, then load a game:
boot/home/Games/yourgame.smc to load it. (You put your xxxx.smc games in a folder).
Read the readme.txt for some extra commands. Tab => fast forward.
Keyboard keys are not always same but most a, s, d, y, x, c, v, e and space and return.

—SNES Joypad Emulation—

The default key mapping for joypad 1 is as follows:

‘up arrow’ Up direction
‘down arrow’ Down direction
‘left arrow’ Left direction
‘right arrow’ Right direction
‘V’ A button
‘C’ B button
‘D’ X button
‘X’ Y button
‘A’ L button
‘S’ R button
‘Enter’ Select button
‘Space’ Start button

1 Like

@brunobastardi BeShare server is down atm.

It is not down, you have to change the Server to: 47.36.164.97
The other Servers are sometimes down…

See here:

It seems there is no Snes9x or Zsnes available atm. for Haiku 64bit!
For 32bit both work just fine!
BeShare works on 32bit and 64bit fine!

On Haiku 64bit you can get BeShare the older version from HaikuDepot, and it will be updated automaticaliy to the newer BeShare 3.04 Version by SoftwareUpdater if you install the FatElk reprository. You can do that by adding it in Terminal: pkgman add-repo http://fatelk.com/repo_64 for Haiku 64bit!
Strange why it there not only the BeShare 3.04 Version on HaikuDepot from FatElk repository?

Sorry it might look a bit confusing at first…
You should write what Haiku Version do you use?!
Or do you use BeOs R5?

I had Haiku R1 Beta 2 x86 on the P4 celeron pc, but I’d like to use BeOS 5.

Had some issues with sound card and similar on Haiku, I’d like a fully BeOS 5 compatible Pentium III PC and so on.

Libtetro is a big Monster, just to run some Snes games with it.
It runs fine with a fast not too old computer (here Pentium I5 2500Mhz) with my intel atom 1600Mhz no way to play at all far to slow compaired to Snes9x and Zsnes.

The version I use for ZSNES is v7.28…that works great in ZetaOS. Of course, my retro-PC is a 32-bit platform that consists of an ASUS P2B-DS Dual Slot 1 motherboard, with dual PIII 1GHz (100Hz FSB) CPUs, and 768Mb RAM (which I restricted to this RAM amount because Win 98SE has issues above that limit–DOS and Win 3.11 works great at this limit as well), Diamond Multimedia Viper V770U 32MB AGP video card, Sound Blaster AWE64 Gold (with 28Mb RAM) sound card, 3COM 3C509C Etherlink III 3C509-C network card (connected to IOGEAR Ethernet-2-WiFi Universal Wireless Adapter (GWU637) to get Internet from my WiFi router).

I forgot to mention that I am running 64-bit Haiku Beta 2 in my dedicated Dell Inspirion 1720 laptop, which has a Intel Core 2 Duo 2.6Ghz CPU, 4Gb (667 MHz FSB) RAM. NB8M-GS (128Mb) onboard video for the 17-in Wide XGA+ screen, Sigmatel 9205 onboard sound, and Intel WiFi. All onboard devices Haiku recognizes–though to get sound I have to blacklist during setup.

DOSBox runs at a very good pace for my PC games. Love playing T2029, Wing Commander, 7th Guest, and more…I have no real complaints once I tweak for each game. I buy the native games (floppy, CD or DVD) and install them into DOSBox or I buy the games from GOG where I expand them then transfer the C Drive into Haiku and these play great in Haiku.

… I’m still looking for a ftp site or such to download software (emulators) archive from beemulated.net including bsnes emulator for BeOS 5 from bsnes.beemulated.net.

As I told before For 32bit you can download Zsnes or Snes from BeShare.

Use BeShare to connect to ‘beshare.agmsmith.ca’ and search for the SNes9x.zip file, which is the
“BeS9x (Super Nintendo Emulator) : Snes9x BeOS Port version 1.41-1” and you will also find zsnes_0717.zip file, which is “ZSNES for BeOS”. Have fun…these work in BeOS 5, Haiku (32-bit), and Zeta OS.

@ArDrakho I did that.

1 Like