[Beam] Can't Fetch Email From AOL/Yahoo Accounts

When I try to fetch e-mail it fails with the following error after login:
answer to ‘FETCH 1:3794 (uid rfc822.size flags)’ has unexpected msg-nr. in line 1

Anyone know what’s up there? In the past I thought it might be that my inbox was too large and cleared it, but that didn’t help.

There is a patch just merged that may help with this issue. You can either build Beam from source or wait for an update to show up on Haiku Depot and test it.

That looks like ig might be promising, unfortunately the main branch isn’t building for me (issues with liblayout I think?) Happy it might work in the future, and might poke at getting it to build, but I’m bad at C++, much less haiku APIs right now :slight_smile:

It’s been a long time since I created that PR but maybe you missed some dependency or we broke it :grinning:

Build instructions

There’s already a HaikuPorts recipe for Beam and the built package is available with the HaikuDepot application. To build Beam manually, make sure you have all needed dependencies. You install them with pkgman:

pkgman install devel:libiconv devel:liblayout devel:libpcre devel:libssl

After that it’s a simple jam -qj1 from the top directory of the cloned github repo (j1 will force building with just 1 thread, because there may be issues with more…). The resulting binary and add-ons etc. are found in the subfolder generated/distro-haiku.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s y’all’s fault, the compiler errors are literally in liblayout. Maybe some weird, temporary incompatibility in the nightlies?
liblayout gets filled with all sorts of weird errors like
/boot/system/develop/headers/liblayout/MRew.h:20:8: error: two or more data types in declaration of 'M_BUTTON_POINTER'
and
/boot/system/develop/headers/liblayout/MScrollView.h:17:34: error: expected initializer before ':' token

then all the errors in Beam itself are because tons of liblayout types were invalid.