ArtPaint Release

Arpaint went from barely usable and disappointing to handy and pleasant to play with. It became a must have app in quite short time. You really did a great job!

6 Likes

Thanks for all the work you’ve done to keep this software up and running and bringing it into it’s next era @dsizzle.
Wishing you all the best with your next journey and hope to see you back again at one point it feels right for you. :1st_place_medal:

6 Likes

Thank you so much for your work!

It gave me so much hope and happiness to see development on this native 3.rd Haiku app!

I am very sad now that you have other business to do now, but I hope you will come back later again, maybe when Haiku becomes popular and to even get paid for your work then!

Which you really deserved!

I wish you all the best for your future, and thanks again for working for Haiku’s success!

3 Likes

Sorry I didn’t reply; I had a family emergency this week but everything is ok now.

Thanks for all the kind words, but I’d like to point out that I don’t have any particular special skills (aside from software development) and so anyone who is motivated could do the same as I did. I encourage anyone who has any interest in software to work on a Haiku app - there are others in HaikuArchives that likely just need a little love. But yeah I just stood on the shoulders of Heikki Suhonen and @PeteCA and whoever else worked on ArtPaint before. I didn’t know much about this stuff; if you are curious just give it try.

Even Haiku itself - the devs are friendly and helpful, but of course they need to uphold the quality of Haiku so the code reviews can be challenging, but at the end of the day everyone is grateful for the help.

Again thanks for the love and support - this isn’t goodbye, just see ya later! :smiley:

14 Likes