When experimenting with
test_app_server sometimes I get some strange situation:
test_app_serverdisplay following in stdout:
FontCacheEntry::Init() - some error loading font file /boot/system/data/fonts/otfonts/NotoSansCJKjp-Regular.otf FontCache::FontCacheEntryFor() - out of memory or no font file
- “low resource manager” kernel thread start to significantly consume CPU. I am not understand what this thread is doing and I had issues with it in past.
test_app_serverwill freeze for several seconds.
- Debugging API will stop working. Attempt to attach debugger by my SystemManager, Haiku Debugger will cause unknown crash, attempting to save report will also crash.
- Screenshots stop working.
- No known system resources (memory, teams, threads, ports, semaphores) are exhausted. SystemManager show no more 13% of any resource usage in Stats tab.
- When terminating
test_app_serversystem is recovered.
- Following is written to syslog:
KERN: low resource memory: warning -> critical KERN: 0xffffffff9e00aa40->VMAnonymousCache::_Commit(16429056): Failed to reserve 16429056 bytes of RAM KERN: 0xffffffff9dc76968->VMAnonymousCache::_Commit(394526720): Failed to reserve 19267584 bytes of RAM
Message similar to last line is repeated. System is 64 bit.
Issue can be reproduced by resizing
FontSpacing window in
Anybody has ideas what is going on and what resource get exhausted?