ACPI support and Standby (S3 Sleep)

Hi folks,
First of all, congratulations for this amazing work you developers are doing on Haiku, i’ts getting really good!

Now, I would like to know about the ACPI support on Haiku, because i can’t put my computer on Standby mode (S3 Sleep or Suspend to RAM) and I could not find anything about it on Haiku menu or preferences either.

So, I ask you, is there any support for any ACPI power saving mode? Are you planning to implement that?

State Description
S0/Working System is on. The CPU is fully up and running; power conservation operates on a per-device basis.
S1 Sleep System appears off. The CPU is stopped; RAM is refreshed; the system runs in a low power mode.
S2 Sleep System appears off. The CPU has no power; RAM is refreshed; the system uses a lower power mode than S1.
S3 Sleep (Standby) System appears off. The CPU has no power; RAM is in slow refresh; the power supply is in a reduced power mode. This mode is commonly referred to as ‘Suspend To RAM’.
S4 Hibernate System appears off. The hardware is completely off, but system memory has been saved as a temporary file onto the harddisk. This mode is also referred to as ‘Suspend To Disk’.
S5/Off System is off. The hardware is completely off, the operating system has shut down; nothing has been saved. Requires a complete reboot to return to the Working state.
Source http://www.lifsoft.com/power/faq.htm

is there any support for any ACPI power saving mode?

There is basic support for speedstep, and a preflet to show the current stepping mode.
But it’s uncomplete both on supported CPUs and power saving modes.

Are you planning to implement that?

Sure, we will. But as pretty much all features already planned, the timing is very uncertain.

There are more important issues regarding acpi than sleepstates atm, so it will probably be supported eventually but when is hard to say.

Help is always welcome :slight_smile:

Ok, thanks a lot!

Any updates for last years?