ACE, the Acidulous CPC Emulator

Yes, on last nightly build.

Be sure all this work is not just for your own use. Not even just for older CPC owners who want to revive their old computer experience on an emulator. I never used an Amstrad machine myself (I had a Commodore 64 back then), but I always wanted to try CPC, especially playing with Assembly on that machine). Now that I know of your project, I can do that and on Haiku. Thank you for your hard work!

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for reporting. I have just released version 1.26.1 which should fix this and a few other bugs (there was a memory corruption in one of the string formatting functionsā€¦). It also fixes the video recording option, which was not correctly wired so the menu to start and stop recording was not working.

4 Likes

Hello

Iā€™ve download version 1.26.1 x86_64 and tested it on updated Haiku nightly, but still fails ā€œSave Preferencesā€ (crash) and "Save preferences asā€¦ā€ (freezes).

Thanks for your time

Can you save a debug report for the crash and send it to me?

Hello,

Thanks for the report. It looks like I tested only with the guarded heap, but there was a crash that happened only with the normal heap.

Anyway, I just released version 1.26.2 which should fix the crash for real this time.

Ok, now it doesnā€™t crash anymore, but it doesnā€™t work either because it doesnā€™t save the changes:
If start ACE-CPC6128 and change any option, for example color->monochrome monitor, or fast floppy drive, and save preferences, the next time you start ACE-CPC6128 it will continue with the default options.
I tried it in version 1.25 and it didnā€™t work either. Maybe it would never work well?

And, if you try ā€œSave preferences asā€¦ā€ and choose another folder, it freezes. Tested on 1.26.2 and 1.25

Thanks for your time