About spanish translations

Hello. There are some moderator from the spanish translation project at Pootle site? I see a lot of suggestions awaiting aprobation.

Hola. Hay algun moderador del proyecto de traduccion existente en Pootle? Veo que hay un monton de sugerencias pendientes de aprobacion.

2 Likes

Language Managers for Spanish are currently @mzunigag_mx and @cafeina. You should post your request at the Spanish i18n mailinglist as well. If you don’t hear back, or they agree you becoming (an additional) Language Manager, I can set up your permissions, if you want to.

1 Like

Howdy! Thanks for noticing it. We will be doing our best to catch up in a short time, you’re welcome if you want to come aboard.

¡Qué tal! Gracias por notarlo. Haremos nuestro mejor esfuerzo para ponernos al día en poco tiempo, eres bienvenido si quieres subir a bordo.

1 Like

Done! All the pending reviews were made. We encourage you to translate some (or many!) of the untranslated strings in the core, or in the applications. Thank you again!

¡Hecho! Todas las revisiones pendientes fueron hechas. Le animamos a traducir algunas (¡o muchas!) de las cadenas sin traducir en el núcleo o en las aplicaciones. ¡Gracias de nuevo!

1 Like

Hello @mzunigag_mx! Great! and thanks for the invitation! I will continue to translate de rest of the pending strings. And of course, if you have some observations about my contributions, feel free to IM me :+1:

Hola @mzunigag_mx! Excelente, y muchas gracias por la invitación! Voy a continuar con el resto de las cadenas pendientes. Por favor, cualquier observación o comentario sobre las traducciones enviadas, son bienvenidas. Sientete libre de enviarme un mensaje en cualquier momento :+1:

Also let us know if we need to create sub-languages for spain and south america. The Locale Kit is made so that one will fallback to the other, which means you can translate just the strings that are different. My spanish is not good enough to know if this is required or if everyone can agree on a single translation.

1 Like

there is a thing called neutral spanish. It is some sort of tacit agreement between most spanish speakers that specify what language forms are common to all. I don’t think it is necessary to split spanish at this moment, taking in account the first point, the low (little?) presence of spanish speakers in the forums and IRC.

1 Like

I never find any real difference with spanish-latinamerica localization for a Operating system…

En realidad me parece que hay bastantes hispanohablantes y cada vez mas, aunque no se que tan comprometidos.

he estado rondando por aquí desde el 2012 y la verdad siempre he visto a los mismos XD, y sobre los dialectos sería incluir una variante argentina y nada más, que sería la única que encuentro mucho más diferente que las otras debido a su particular conjugación de verbos más que nada

Done, reviewed remaining suggestions. Please feel free to notify us if you make more suggestions.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, guys! :slight_smile:

I also agree that (by now) is not necessary to create new sub-variants of the spanish language. I believe that we could aim to get a neutral spanish for now.

Gracias por las respuestas amigos! :slight_smile:

Yo también estoy de acuerdo que, (al menos de momento) no es necesario crear sub-variantes del castellano. Creo que de momento, deberíamos apuntar a un castellano neutro, y completar lo que resta.

Saludos!

Sí, opino lo mismo, no es necesario dividir traducciones. De hecho Windows no lo hacía hasta hace bien poco, simplemente buscaban traducciones que aunque puedan ser menos comunes en un sitio en concreto, sonaban relativamente bien en más sitios.

Sé que ahora han dividido el español en dos variantes (desde Windows 10 me parece): México y España, pero siguen siendo extremadamente similares.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/language/StyleGuides