Abcd ejstt gggb

Thanks for the hint, extrowerk!
Hopefully the ‘right’ people will read this!
My pathetic attempts took place under Haiku 64Bit.
There were several false starts with freezes and error messages!
After several attempts including a new Haiku boat, it suddenly worked.
But I don’t think that it really has to be the way it has to be - but it is possible …

Is there a user accessible way to stop it from doing whatever it does with IPv6? I’m assuming it’s Java doing that part.

1 Like

Ancestris (latest = V11) … it’s not perfect yet - but that’s clearly not because of Ancestris, I’m sure!:

Ancestris-latest2

I installed from the haiku depot, ignoring the necessity:

ca_root_certificates_java, openjdk8, openjdk8_default, openjdk8_jre, openjdk8_sources, netbeans_bin 8.2-1

Ancestris versions 10 for Linux, version 10 for MacOSX and version 11 (latest, nightly) can be started.

Each time after an error message appears, ignoring it and (without cleaning up) restarting it!

I don’t know if the IPV6 check is related to Netbeans or Ancestris.
At launch time, Ancestris try to connect to Ancestris server to check for updates.
We don’t have provided mechanisms to avoid this check (perhaps we should do that).

Zurga

Software updates are found and, after clicking, installed correctly, NetBeans starts …

When trying to install OpenJDK11 comes:
nothing provides lib:libjpeg>=9.3.0 needed by openjdk11_jre-11.0.4.11-1

Is there a solution?

screenshot138

screenshot139

1 Like

Thank you kim1963!
Please explain to me dumb old what I have to do with the jpegsrc.v9c.tar.gz in order to be able to use the content?

That library was removed from the package repos and replaced with libjpeg_turbo. So, someone needs to recompile the openjdk package to use libjpeg_turbo now.

Mein lieber Schwan!

A ‘normal’ user like me stumbles around a lot …
… and could lose interest in seeing Haiku as an alternative OS or even using it (for the execution of certain software)!
You can find ‘ETWAS’ (here: OpenJDK11) in the HaikuDepot that you want to install and then a STOP message comes up (like): "I can’t find ‘SOMETHING’ (here: libjpeg 9.3), but I need it so that I can be installed !
Wouldn’t it have been possible to leave libjpeg 9.3 in the HaikuDepot, next to libjpeg_turbo?

Was something similar the reason why Prof. Michel Clasquin-Johnson completely deleted his internet presence (software for Haiku, especially a lot of interesting JAVA software)?

We are in beta phase and not ready for unsuspecting end-users. I think we try to be quite clear about this. Expect some rough edges as we go through these problems, fix them, and find ways to make them not happen again.

I can’t comment on why other people gain or lose interest in Haiku, I don’t know. Usually they don’t send resignation letters when they leave.

Yes, this situation is not so great, and could have been handled better. We’ll try to do better the next time we replace a library.

2 Likes

Hi polli,

versuche mal von der lib libjpeg_turbo eine Verknüpfung in home/config/non-packaged/lib zu erstellen mit der Vezeichnung libjpeg9.3

2 Likes

Danke, Lelldorin, auch für Deine / Eure Arbeit (besley), für mich ist ‘dieser (Haiku-) Zug’ abgefahren!
Die Antwort von PulkoMandy ist eindeutig, aber für mich nicht wirklich nachvollziehbar…
Ich könnte sicher noch weitere klare Worte finden (allgemein, speziell zu meinen Äußerungen vor und auf PulkoMandy’s Antwort, aber wozu?

In China fällt ein Sack Reis um…

Naja, er hat im Grunde recht, es ist ein System in Beta Phase, also ohne offizieller Veröffentlichung. Da wird halt alle Nase lang etwas geändert. Das wird vermutlich bei einer R1 nicht anders sein.

Das Problem was ich sehe ist, das externe, also Drittanbieter ständig ihre Pakete nacharbeiten müssen wenn es wesentliche Änderungen am System (dazu gehört auch das ändern von libs) gibt. Haikuports ist ja so konzipiert das alles was dort für haiku eingerichtet und freigegeben ist immer neu kompiliert wird.

Die Änderungen bekommt aber meist außerhalb keiner mit. Erst wenn mal einer etwas diesbezügliche meldet. Das geben von Feedback war schon immer schlecht bei Haiku und deren Vorgängern.

Ich verstehe nicht, warum die library jetzt am Ende Turbo heißen muss und warum deshalb die ältere, obwohl ganz anderer Name, nicht parallel existiert oder zumindest dann als Paket zum nachinstsllieren angeboten wird.

Schade wenn du gehst, wünsche dir bei deinen zukünftigen Projekten viel Erfolg.

Danke für das Lob zur BeSly, die meist unbekannte Wissebsbasis :wink:

1 Like

We are currently understaffed at haikuports to keep up with these kind of changes, I’ve got a full-time job and what ever sparse time I can find I can look into things, would love to see some new haikuporters to help out on these kind of problems, don’t run away from Haiku, try to stick around and report what issues you are running into, it can only help us to “try” to fix things on our end

1 Like

@lelldorin
Könntest Du mir das Vorstehende (bzw. das Dahinterstehende) bitte im Klartext auf Deutsch ‘übersetzen’ (nicht interpretieren!)?
Google Translate ist zwar eine große Hilfe, aber nicht immer unmißverständlich!

I read it here, albeit very late:
https://en.ancestris.org/index.php?title=Installation

Most of the Ancestris features are compatible with Java Version 11, but to ensure full compatibility Java Version 8 (aka Version 1.8) is recommended.

Begasus schreibt das sie zur Zeit viel zu wenige Leute sind die in haikuports Dinge auf den neuesten stand bringen. Er würde es sehr begrüssen wenn es mehr Leute in dem Bereich geben würde

Ausserdem würde er es begrüssen wenn du nicht weggehen, sondern Fehlersuchen und berichten würdest. Das würde helfen. Begasus kann auch etwas deutsch.

In anderen Distributionen, also Versionen von Systemen werden entweder die lib jpg oder jpg_turbo angeboten.

1 Like