A plethora of bugs and crashes

Can you open a ticket for mail failing?
Basically:
launch_roster to stop mail_daemon
the run mail_daemon in a terminal directly and capture its standard output

Then review that for any sensitive info… not sure how much it logs :g, and open a ticket with that reviewed log. It might give a clue why no email is downloded from IMAP

launch_roster stop x-vnd.be-post
/system/servers/mail_daemon

and then launch_roster start x-vnd.be-post when done

3 Likes

What do you mean, where do I get the logs from after doing that? Syslog? I can stop and start the service as much as I want, it doesn’t give me any logs.

So… @nephele I played around with it a bit.

Running “launch_roster stop x-vnd.be-post” does not stop the service. It still shows up under “launch_roster list”.
Starting it again yields no output.

And, now the fun part, trying to see the info of the progress, it opens a smeary window and softlocks the entire system to the point where not even a shutdown works. I had to hard reset my laptop and take a picture of the dilemma with my phone:

IMG_20211125_232039

I would love to say that I’m surprised lmao

The commands to run are at the bottom of my post, you run the mail_daemon directly attached to the terminal, it weill print its output in the terminal and you can copy it.

Launch roster list only sais which services are defined, not which ones run, you can check team monitor to see which system services run (it’s the blue ones at the bottom)

Edit: your issues remind me of a failing hardrive… maybe you can attach a usb drive, format it to bfs and use Installer to replocate your system onto it, if that runs stable (albeit slower) that might confirm that suspicion

Oh yea, I assumed the file path was a command to execute, but it’s just telling me that the mail_daemon is not an executable.

Executing it directly works fine for me, now you have me a bit confused, is it possible that the executable bit vanished? :g I don’t see how that could happen with a packaged system though