Working on HaikuPorts from a Mac host: suggestions

I was going to suggest sublime text 3 but you are already aware :slight_smile: One of rare great pieces of software I have used…

How about not going down the rabbit hole and just have 2 checkout instead? Edit on the mac, push, pull on haiku, enjoy.

Yeah I could. But i prefer to have my remote commits history clean, to avoid bloating the pull requests on haikuports.

Since I’ve just started learning, I do a lot of trial and error (mostly errors) stuff here u’now…

Or even just use Haiku. It’s not like creating recipes need any sophisticated editor features. On the contrary, Pe and Koder do ‘syntax’ colouring for recipe files which I assume Mac editors won’t know about…

I see how some tasks on Haiku can be cumbersome, impossible or just less fun. I wouldn’t put editing text files among those.

3 Likes

What are the specs of your Apple laptop. Model and gen

Actually you could pull and push directly between the two local git checkouts. But I’m not sure it would be an enjoyable workflow, too many commands to get your things in sync between the two.

MacBook Pro 2019 :slight_smile: But as I said it’s a company laptop so I’ve some restrictions. Some technicals and some due to policies and regulations.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Your project has overarching themes that appeal to me.

Yeah I could. But i prefer to have my remote commits history clean, to avoid bloating the pull requests on haikuports.

You can rewrite the git history, to show only one perfect commit :slight_smile:

Followed a tutorial an tried. I ended up in a complete mess :smiley: