Wifi on a mac

Hello,

I tried Haiku on my MacBook Air, it worked so far, but I wanted to access the web.
It seems that the software for the Broadcom 43xx cards isn’t installed by default, and my mac doesn’t have an ethernet connection, so the wifi is the only way to connect.
I can download the drivers in macOS mode (I did it), but I have to unzip something in Haiku’s “/Boot”.

The problem is that I cannot access Haiku’s directory when I’m on Mac OS (the USB key isn’t recognised, it is available just when I boot), and I don’t see mac directories in Haiku’s mode.

Am I missing something?

Frederic

Can you completely boot into Haiku (I can assume)?. Are you saying that a USB flashdrive will not work on the Haiku side? I would assume that you can easily copy the things you need onto a USB flashdrive on the Mac side (and unmount it) and then boot over to Haiku and mount the USB flashdrive and be on your way. I run Haiku on a Mac via VirtualBox do exactly that when I need to do such things. Of course I can no network connection issues in my case.

If you have a second usb key formatted with FAT32, you should be able to copy to it in MacOS and read from it in Haiku.

if you have a usb cdrom drive or dvd drive you could burn to cd the drivers and then mount the cd on haiku

To support a large number of wireless cards with reduced legwork, the Haiku wireless network drivers are FreeBSD wireless drivers wrapped in code to translate them to the Haiku driver subsystem.

Non-Supported Hardware

aironetwifi at least
Cisco Aironet 350 Series
Aironet PCI4500
Aironet PCI4800

The following Broadcom 43xx devices:
bcm4311: vendor 14e4, device 4311
bcm4312: vendor 14e4, device 4315

As of R1A4, only PCI, PCI-X, PCI-Express, Mini PCI, and Mini PCI-Express devices are expected to work. PCMCIA, CardBus, ExpressCard, USB and ISA devices do not have the needed glue code to operate at this time.

https://www.haiku-os.org/guides/daily-tasks/wireless