Where are you from, Haiku / BeOS user?

My location changed from Seattle, USA to Pombal, Portugal.

At present, most days I am able to use Haiku only.

6 Likes

Tennessee USA location. Iā€™ve played with BeOS and itā€™s variants (even PhOS) over the years and have recently found Haiku to be nearly polished enough to be my ā€œdaily driverā€. Right now I run it on what was my home photo file server machine instead of one of the Linux distros. Whenever Samba becomes better Iā€™ll actually be able to continue to serve files to Win boxes in the house. Iā€™m waiting on an email solution to replace Thunderbird on my Win box as well that can handle my various email providers. I want to sincerely thank the developers who made all this possible. This is a great OS with so much potential. Blessings to all.

6 Likes

Waves from Lexington, KY.

3 Likes

Waves back atcha Solus!

1 Like

Ithaca, New York, USA

4 Likes

I live in Bad Zell, Upper Austria, Austria.

5 Likes

You ainā€™t getting my information, fed!

1 Like

Theyā€™ve already got it, If they want it - youā€™ve signed up to an online forum! :wink:

5 Likes

Iā€™m living in Bergen, Norway.

I never used BeOS, but I remember very well how there was consideration for this being the replacement to the very crashy Mac OS (great UI, too many bombs :slight_smile: ) I use Debian/KDE primarily, but got interested awhile back because of a bit of faux-nostalgia and wondering about some design decisions (how much UNIX is in this non-UNIX OS? :slight_smile: ) Iā€™ve been poking more at it lately since seeing action retroā€™s ā€œcould this be a daily driverā€ video (for me ā€¦ maybe, eventually ā€¦)

4 Likes

Ah - Bergen is nice. I visited a few years ago. I probably would go again when I get organised enough to arrange it.

1 Like

I discovered BeOS before R4, but I had no way to try it. When I got a demo of the R4 I started craving it madly, I bought the R4.5, then the 5, BeIA (with hardware) and I didnā€™t even miss the Zeta. I donā€™t use Haiku or rather, I try it periodically without ever finding it useful, today I wouldnā€™t know what to do with it, I prefer to use Linux. I switched to BeOS after having used everything, today the memories and nostalgia remain, but nothing more. I forgot: Iā€™m Italian.

8 Likes

Patras, Greece.

Like many others, I was aware of Haiku, and used it before (but never used BeOS). Since beta4 I am a regular user, with a dedicated machine running nightly builds, and updated frequently. Not exactly my daily driver, but part of my work is done on Haiku - and it does the job very well.

8 Likes

If this is still welcome, Iā€™m from Nossen, Germany.

5 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m still hoping to someday see at least one user from every country in the world :smiley:
Weā€™re not quite there, howeverā€¦

2 Likes

Sanjay, from Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
First install, R2 in 2020ā€¦going strong from them
What Haiku cannot do at the moment, Voidlinux does it for me

3 Likes