But where are you from?
Where do you live?

1 Like

France, Brittany region, in the city of Vannes
https://www.google.com/maps/@47.6345504,-2.6930827,10.23z

4 Likes

Hamburg/Germany

6 Likes

Ciao a tutti, i’m living in Brunswick in lower saxony in Germany, i’m 53 Years old and half german and half italian…i started in 1998 with BeOS R3.2, and in early 1999 i had my first Internet Connection (56k Modem) under BeOS, wonderful Times back then… in early 2002 i was a Part of the OpenBeOS Creative Team, we did some UI Mockups, Desktop Wallpaper and Logos…so If i can help with gfx, let me know… nice to meet you all over the world :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Welcome back @Indigo … think I remember your name from the good old days :wink:

3 Likes

Hey Begasus, thx :slight_smile: nice to meet you… in 2000 i had my Webpage called www.beos-deskarts.de with my BeOS Desktop Wallpaper Creations…

7 Likes

Hi from Croatia!

7 Likes

Austin, TX USA. Moving soon to Riverview, FL USA.

8 Likes

Poland, Earth

5 Likes

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

I tried BeOS in the late 90’s and early 2000’s and loved the speed (multiple videos playing without any lag!!!) and the clarity of the IDE. Very glad to see Haiku making so much progress.
In the mid 90’s as a CS student I remember trying to learn some Windows programming by purchasing Borland Builder. When I looked at the beginning of the large stack of manuals it said “This assumes you are already familiar with programming in Windows”. Never could figure out that huge OWL chart, but I had my first simple BeOS program (just to experiment) running in a day.
In the early 90’s I used PC/GEOS / GeoWorks Ensemble; unbelievable how much they did with just 3 1.44 MB floppies.
Currently use Windows 7 and 10; hoping to make Haiku my primary OS.

10 Likes

Stuttgart/Germany :wave:

3 Likes

你好,Eddy! My wife is from Qingtian, Zhejiang. I’m German, but speak and understand Chinese (but not the Qingtian or Wenzhou dialect).

8 Likes

Zografou, GREECE

7 Likes

Hi All, I`m from Clashnasmut, Tipperary, Republic Of Ireland

8 Likes

Kaunas, Lithuania, EU

6 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Привет! = Welcome!
Try DeepL, much better than the Google translator.

4 Likes

Seattle, Washington, USA checking in!

6 Likes

Farrukhabad,Uttar Pradesh, India

5 Likes

:grimacing:漂泊一族,暂居广东
China

7 Likes

Upper Hale, Surrey, England - just North of Farnham, Surrey.

I’ve looked at Haiku a number of times in the past, but it was beta4 that got me to install it to bare metal, working wifi is pretty much a must these days, & it does now! :slight_smile:

Never used BeOS, tried Haiku a few times in the past, been a Linux, & BSD user since 1999, & I thought I had fast O/S, until installing Haiku, what a speed demon it is to install! :wink:

12 Likes