Where are you from, Haiku / BeOS user?

Arnhem, Niederlande

5 Likes

I’ve moved twice since my last post in this topic.
I was in Wuerzburg for about a year.
Since April I’ve lived in Bad Mergentheim, Germany.
Now I’m planning to stay here for a long time.

3 Likes

There used to be one, even with its own online conference back in 2008-2014: http://web.archive.org/web/20150801155011/http://haikudownunder.com/

It would be nice to have it back (as well as the other HUGs and BUGs :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

South New Berlin, NY, USA

4 Likes

Bengaluru india

5 Likes
2 Likes

Jersey, Chanel Islands.

4 Likes

I think I’ve never answered this one, but it’s in my profile, anyway.
I’m from Vienna, Austria.
Yes, the city curated as the best to live in, as already several times in the past, I might humbly add, and I tend to agree.:relieved:
Still love to check out other places, of course😌

4 Likes

I’ve moved since the last time I’ve spum up a Haiku box. I’m now in Anacortes, Washington state, USA

6 Likes

Lexington, Kentucky, USA.

4 Likes

My location changed from Seattle, USA to Pombal, Portugal.

At present, most days I am able to use Haiku only.

6 Likes

Tennessee USA location. I’ve played with BeOS and it’s variants (even PhOS) over the years and have recently found Haiku to be nearly polished enough to be my “daily driver”. Right now I run it on what was my home photo file server machine instead of one of the Linux distros. Whenever Samba becomes better I’ll actually be able to continue to serve files to Win boxes in the house. I’m waiting on an email solution to replace Thunderbird on my Win box as well that can handle my various email providers. I want to sincerely thank the developers who made all this possible. This is a great OS with so much potential. Blessings to all.

6 Likes

Waves from Lexington, KY.

3 Likes

Waves back atcha Solus!

1 Like

Ithaca, New York, USA

4 Likes

I live in Bad Zell, Upper Austria, Austria.

5 Likes

You ain’t getting my information, fed!

1 Like

They’ve already got it, If they want it - you’ve signed up to an online forum! :wink:

5 Likes

I’m living in Bergen, Norway.

I never used BeOS, but I remember very well how there was consideration for this being the replacement to the very crashy Mac OS (great UI, too many bombs :slight_smile: ) I use Debian/KDE primarily, but got interested awhile back because of a bit of faux-nostalgia and wondering about some design decisions (how much UNIX is in this non-UNIX OS? :slight_smile: ) I’ve been poking more at it lately since seeing action retro’s “could this be a daily driver” video (for me … maybe, eventually …)

4 Likes

Ah - Bergen is nice. I visited a few years ago. I probably would go again when I get organised enough to arrange it.

1 Like