What's the product status of Haiku?

Could Apple make a valid legal objection to a PPC version of Haiku being developed for the Mac?

As I understand it, Apple can’t make such an objection against Linux but they could legally prevent a Mac compatible version of Amiga OS4 due to the commercial product status of OS4.

Hey, correct me if Im mistaken, but havent I seen YOU sir, peroxidechicken, on Americas Army: Operations? I believe it was on SF-Hospital, and I understand, different realms and all but, names as “original” as peroxidechicken are rarely repeated…

My AA:O handle is “!ASSASIN =+= (ZERO)”

Glad you asked. Peroxidechicken is a totally original recipe [hint] - any army references in my sig are not intended to be misleading.

I know I should just include my location in my profile but I’m not American and have no idea about the tv (?) programs you mentioned.

Lol, actually Americas Army is a computer simulation/game (www.americasarmy.com), and the was someone named peroxidechicken on there! So, You better check the status of any trademarks you have pending! lol, just kidding of course. But, I’m curious, what the bell IS peroxide chicken?!

peroxidechicken wrote:
Could Apple make a valid legal objection to a PPC version of Haiku being developed for the Mac?

As I understand it, Apple can’t make such an objection against Linux but they could legally prevent a Mac compatible version of Amiga OS4 due to the commercial product status of OS4.

Not really for Haiku. And not really for OS4. They could only block access to the necessary documentation (chipsets, etc…)

Thanks Ronald - it’s nice to have just a little hope that Haiku might run on PPC hardware that is equivalent to modern pcs.

CoolWaterOS - good to know peroxidechicken hasn’t made the leap to tv as that would make it totally unoriginal. As for what it is, well, waaay back I used to like to come up with different ideas for characters that’d make interesting animations. If I’d ever gotten as far as frame #1, it would have been a sarcastic and slightly silly looking chook with an exceptional bs detector. A little too much like Tom Tomorrow’s penguin.

It could also just be a bleach drenched bird like my avatar on Amiga.org

peroxidechicken wrote:
Thanks Ronald - it's nice to have just a little hope that Haiku might run on PPC hardware that is equivalent to modern pcs.
One of the Haiku developpers has a Pegasos. So if they get it running on that one then maybe it's gonna be easier to port to Apple's PCs and to the AmigaOnes. 8)
peroxidechicken wrote:

I don’t see any conceivable way Apple can make any legal objection to any operating system being developed for ppc or mac’s specifically.