What improvements do you want to see for Beta3?

I think that #15585 and #15569 should be fixed before Beta 3. #15585 is very annoying, it cause many applications to freeze when many files are written like during archive extraction or compiling. This is very old bug, it is present before Alpha 1, probably at beginning of Haiku.

4 Likes

Just to tell my reasoning. I really like to to use Haiku as a desktop OS, the best I have used so far. My expectations are not great, I just want to be able to do everything on the same computer without. The browser nowadays (+ networking) is a must to check for information. For the rest…well, I can be patient.

1 Like

What about drag and drop?
I would like to see it used more often between two programs.
Like a font-viewer and a Office Suite.

2 Likes

As i see x64 is R2 and x86 R1… Beos never was a 64bit os.

The biggest hurdle that’s preventing me from using haiku more regularly is the lack of mult-monitor support, and it is missing from your list.
I would love to have multi-monitor support, way before hw acceleration for example.

6 Likes

Support for more printers.
Haiku has its own print server so we don’t need Cups but would it be possible to make a kind of wrapper?
Would it be possible to try to port things like HPLIP then?

1 Like

Your list excludes a few important things (to me) - unless webkit improvements means web+ improvements…

1 Web+ improvements.
2 Music via USB
3 Multi-monitor support

1 Like

I hope Haiku will support RAR compressed file viewing,better virtual machine support,better port to run Windows apps(Because there’s too many Windows apps),and more features for home uses…Sorry to my bad English,I hope Haiku will develop faster.

Beezer (avalible in HaikuDepot) can do this.

Expander should handle it just fine provided you install the unrar package (it delegates to the command line tool).

Installing unrar may be not obvious for regular users.

1 Like

Well Expander could probably hint the user on missing commands… patches welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There you go, I created the ticket for you :smiley:

1 Like

Maybe unrar should be included in the default build since it provides such useful functionality, is very small and has no requirements. It’s a no-brainer for me.

Unrar probably have license issues so it can’t be included in Haiku distribution.

1 Like

You are correct. The license is non-free.

I’d love to see an adblocker or extensions for web+

@Therainingmonkey: I’d like to second that! WebPositive is a great browser, but an adblocker and some privacy extensions would be very welcome.
And since one can wish - how about a port of 32-bit LibreOffice? Currently LO is 64-bit only in Haiku. Or will the 32-bit version be included in Beta2?

Hmm LO seems available for x86_gcc2 already I think I recall installing it…

Yeah, unrar isn’t free but well it wouldn’t be the only thing not strictly free software we include. Anyway a more generic mechanism to propose the users to install the required tool would help in other cases.

Hello @BarefootMartina. That is not correct. Actually, LibreOffice is available in both: 32 and 64 bit versions.

Feel free to ask if you had some issue trying to install it.