[Bug reported] Webpositive crashed while posting on the forums

When I was editing one of my threads, which has 27 posts, the browser was struggling to go to top and down when scrolled. Suddenly, it crashed. Whole monitor became white, saying many things about webpositive being unable to render…or somethings

I had to re-boot…

I changed over to the nightly build, as per the documentation for “upgrading and downgrading the system”…Will it be because of this nightly build?

Since I was having issues shutting down the PC (out of 10 shutdowns, only 5 are successful)…hoping the nightly builds might sort out the shutting down issue

Now, I am worried about the browser crashing…or…may be it was an one-off occurence?

Just after posting the above post, the PC rebooted itself without warning, I thought UPS had failed, no, PC rebooted itself

Will watch for some time…If it misbehaves like this, I will change over to stable build

Please make a bug report on the haiku bug tracker

https://dev.haiku-os.org/

leldorin, if it is only specific to my case, will a bug-report for this issue help in any way?
Intel Pentium D processor 3GHz, 1GB RAM, 160GB SATA HDD

This nightly build has not shut down the PC even once, in last 4 tries…

I will change over to stable build
COVID19 lock down, so, a bit free time…

Still on nightly build…it never shuts down…only reason to be still on nightly build is webpositive felt a bit more responsive

Yet, webpositive hung twice…Once, I had to reboot the system, closing webpositive (sguare at the left top) did not close it

In another instance, I could close webpositive… but when I tried to open it, it did not open again…had to reboot
Will observe for some more time…then decide about going back to stable…I do not want to go back…but…this is irritating…

That maybe means it was still there lying around without a window. You can try CTRL-ALT-DEL to show Team Monitor and kill it from there.

1 Like

After changing over to development branch (nightly builds), webpositive behaves well
Still, PC does not shut down…‘Shutting down’…display stays forever…I have to pull the power chord…Still hoping one or the other nightly build resolves this…till …hrev…098 no joy…
Are others able to shutdown their PC without any issue?

Not the best way, but maybe quit everything and run shutdown -q from the Terminal, better than holding down power or pulling the cord out. Or maybe disable ACPI in the boot menu and see if that helps?

The other way I can think of that works on a 2006 MacBook is just to tell it to restart instead, then at the gray screen, press power normally (like don’t hold it down). On a PC, this might work by pressing power right after the logo appears (maybe give Haiku’s menu a small delay so it’s easier).

Ticket opened