Hello again, it’s time for another report !
I made pretty good progress this week.
The issues I had last week with POST data are fixed. I had removed a non-working piece of code but replaced it with another that was broken in a different way. The problem was the way POST data was added to the http request. Fixing this properly required some changes to the Services Kit API. I removed some classes to make things simpler and introduced a stub for the central BUrlProtocolHandler class, which takes an Url as a parameter and builds a request for it using the appropriate protocol. The BUrlProtocolHttp class was renamed to BHttpRequest, and the API was tweaked to use multiple methods to configure it, instead of a single SetOption(option_name, value) method. This allows seting options with multiple parameters, and is more type-safe.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/pulkomandy/2013-10-11_webkit_weekly_report_3/