Vulkan lavapipe software rendering is working on Haiku

This sounds amazing!!!

GFX ring fix itself don’t affect speed significantly. But it allow to improve scheduling.

10 Likes

Now this as well

Amazing progress. You went from 26 to 33 to 76fps. Linux screenshot (a mature driver) shows 97. You’re making great progress.

10 Likes

A mature driver rendering directly to the card output iirc

Modern graphics use compositor and 2 buffers swapping. Direct drawing to framebuffer will cause tearing.

6 Likes

Since GFX ring operation is fixed, I improved command packet scheduling by allowing to schedule multiple packets in GFX ring and wait in proper place instead of schedule function.

Now I get 114 FPS in instancing (asteroids) demo with high clock settings.

31 Likes

Is that surpassing the Linux driver!? And if so, how so?

No, Linux has 243 FPS on the same demo and same (high) clock settings.

6 Likes

Ah, I saw a figure of 97 FPS, must have been for something else. Still another massive stepwise improvement :slight_smile:

Awesome progress,

1 Like

I do 100% agree.

How does the Windows and linux driver compare to each other with the asteroid scene endering ???

You’ve barely begum and already 50% of linux performance.

At what point would you want more hardware to test with. IE more cards from different families

I currently have no Windows installed on that PC.

At least when display output and app_server integration will be implemented. Currently it require 2 GPUs to run.

4 Likes

Keep us updated, I’m sure we can all send cards, i think i have a hd7770 laying around, we could probably scrape some $ to buy you a newer card/s if you want

1 Like

I’m sure you have seen this, but these tools might be of interest

97 FPS was on Linux with power_dpm_state set to low.

1 Like

This driver can show stats as the temperature? how will be the thing with the energy options? and the set of the states are in the terminal ?

> make_meson run Monitor
ninja: no work to do.
+ThreadLink(), thread: 71823
temperature: 76.000 °C
memory usage
  VRAM
    0/1879048192
  VRAM MAP
    4243456/268435456
  VRAM GTT
    159744/2147483648
team 71823
 id kind     address    size
-ThreadLink(), thread: 71823
17 Likes

Are you at a point where you can use the dpm libs from the opengou driver yet ?