Using SVG Icons

Theres a great Hype in Using Vector- Icons and task bars (…), may its possible to do so in Haiku. I am very interested in designing a retroperspective icon style for haiku. Where to do so?

I guess SVG support is panned for post Release 1.
There is already an SVG icon set inspired by BeOS,and the great Mc Clintock work too.

Hm, OK, very well done.

Hi Uschi.
If you are interested to draw some svg icons for Haiku I started some time ago a similar project, a new icon set inspired by the one made by Bruce Browne for Be Inc., the principal inspiration is its 3d looking.

That project, codenamed “Kabuto”, is hosted in :
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/mushaspot/kabuto

I’m interested to cooperate with you and every person that want to donate to Haiku their “art”, I asked for some guidelines to the Creative Design Team in this forum, but nobody answer, so, if you want, we can keep to work “bindly”.

To contact me
MAILTO: zumikkebe[at]virgilio[dot]it

zuMikkebe wrote:
I'm interested to cooperate with you and every person that want to donate to Haiku their "art", I asked for some guidelines to the Creative Design Team in this forum, but nobody answer, so, if you want, we can keep to work "bindly".

It appears there isn’t a clearly defined Creative Design Team. Probably waiting for you to become Team Leader. :smiley:

I believe the existing guidelines for R1 is that the icons are 32x32 and 16x16 with 256 colors. I would hope they would at least expand this to 48x48 for higher resolution screens. As for supporting SVG icons, there doesn’t appear to be any work done on that yet. It wouldn’t hurt to develop a set of icons in SVG since I would imagine future work would be done to support them. In the meantime, you should probably make sure your designs translate well to the previous mentioned formats. It seemed pretty unanimous that the desktop icons should be done in the same perspective as the current BeOS icons.

Also, I believe the thought process was/is that there will be different distributions of Haiku. Each would probably have it’s own unique set of icons and graphics. However, there still should be a standard set established with the existing distribution.

I believe there is user support to use your icons for Haiku, except the icons currently aren’t in a format that can be used.

I jack off creativity…
Drawing some Icons, if the Haiku Team wants them or not. “An extension for your Haiku Desktop”… a or an Gnome Theme or what…
If somebody needs a designer for every creative work -->Here I am! Call back. See you soon with my finished Icon set.

Uschi wrote:
I jack off creativity...

Did that translate correctly?

umccullough wrote:
Uschi wrote:
I jack off creativity...

We don’t want to know, do we? :lol:

Mr.Jones wrote:
umccullough wrote:
Uschi wrote:
I jack off creativity...

We don’t want to know, do we? :lol:

I guess it depends on how you personally translate it. :lol:

After processing it a bit, I believe (or at least hope) he meant “I am a jack of creativity”

I dont know if its American English, but I know that its a vulgar phrase for ejaculating, (mhh …browsing a dicionary–>ah! jack/jerk off).
Im not a predistinated English speaker, but I hope international communication should not be a border in work.

Uschi wrote:
I dont know if its American English, but I know that its a vulgar phrase for ejaculating, (mhh ...browsing a dicionary-->ah! jack/jerk off). Im not a predistinated English speaker, but I hope international communication should not be a border in work.

No, you’re correct about the meaning above (it’s more along the lines of “masturbating”) – I just wasn’t sure that’s what you had meant since it seemed a bit off-color for the conversation :wink:

I thought you maybe meant: “I like to mess around with creativity” or something like that – or as Katisu mentioned: “I’m a jack of creativity” in which case “a jack of” is slang for “an expert” as in “A jack of all trades”.

I honestly wasn’t trying to be mean - I just thought it was humorous :smiley:

Uschi wrote:
I dont know if its American English, but I know that its a vulgar phrase for ejaculating, (mhh ...browsing a dicionary-->ah! jack/jerk off).

Sounds like it came across as you meant it then.

I hope the humor was intended.

Uschi wrote:
Im not a predistinated English speaker, but I hope international communication should not be a border in work.

Well, if you were to ask the English, I’m probably not a good English speaker either. I speak a bastardized version partially influenced by some of the local dialects such as Pennsylvania Dutch, more currently the growing hispanic population, and the few years I spent in Boston.

umccullough wrote:
"a jack of" is slang for "an expert" as in "A jack of all trades".

I just want to clarify that “a jack” isn’t an “expert” by definition, but rather “a man” or “a fellow” – I looked it up later after posting. My mistake.

Yes, it jack definitely doesn’t mean expert. The full saying is “jack of all trades, master of none”.

In this small posts, we had done, I had been learning more about the English language, as if I do in my lessons.
I hope you forgive me for mistaking “jack-off”.
You may speak a bastardized slang of a getto-dutch, hispanic and boston-English touched version of English(or you think you do, maybe these sounds are just roars of animals, you took wrong), but I learned German as my mother language and to write correctly and sensefully is a challenge.