Trouble with poor network conditions

We don’t need users aggressively (and rudely tbh) yelling about everything we’re doing wrong from accounts registered with anonymous spam-trap email addresses. We need constructive feedback and help via testing, detailed bug reports, and patches. Everyone who works on Haiku does it out of the goodness of their hearts for their love of Haiku and BeOS.

@observer, please improve your attitude and provide constructive discussion, otherwise your account will be moderated.

4 Likes

I would be very much relieved if this guy offered his valuable limited time to any other open source project on the planet except Haiku. Manners matter more than any technical skills.

1 Like

[MOD] Full disclosure, i’ve moderated the “Observer” account and removed his abusive posts. I was able to determine he was creating and logging into multiple accounts under random usernames with email addresses at anonymous spam-trap emails.

This is a perfectly valid thread @victordomingos and a valid concern, sorry for the noise.

4 Likes

I have not been active for several months but this sounds annoying and it sounds like something I should be able to fix. I want to make package management as nice as possible by fixing the various annoyances it has, and I already made some progress there in the summer. I’ll take a look in the next few weeks. Sorry I can’t do it faster but I have a lot going on at the moment.

6 Likes