Is anyone porting the game Tremulous to haiku/beos/zeta ?
Tremulous once was a mod for quake3 but now uses the ioquake3 engine that has a few new features added on top of the Offical quake3 engine. Now that the Offical quake3 engine can run on haiku it shouldn’t be hard at all to to get ioquake3 to run so we can run Tremulous some day soon(well if someone writes some 3D drivers for ATI cards for me that is :roll: ).
This could then be the first free 3D game for beos!
(I know someone is working on a 3D game that will be able to be ported to the beos but that could take awhile).
If you don’t know anything about Tremulous then check out their website, its alien VS human where you have to attack the others base so they can not spawn while stoping the other side from doing the same and builing your own base up. The aliens are best for useing hit and run tactics while the humans are best for attacking in mass.
Its Feature List:
- Flexible particle system - 99% of the in-game visual effects are configured using particle scripts.
- 16 buildable structures with in-game functions.
- Play as several alien classes with unique abilities.
- Customize your setup as a human and buy new weapons, armour and items.
- Scale the walls and ceilings as an alien waiting for an unsuspecting human.
- Realistic physics and motion - no bunny hopping or quick back peddling.
- Flexible map system - animated mapobjects, triggering, light flares, etc.
- Large weapons system - don’t like the weapon you have? Sell it and buy a different one, dozens of options.