The Lunduke Hour had me on as a guest to talk about Haiku

Yesterday, The Lunduke Hour, hosted by Bryan Lunduke (perhaps most famous for his “Linux Sucks” presentations), had me on as a guest to talk about the state of Haiku and where we go from here:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/waddlesplash/2017-02-07_the_lunduke_hour_had_me_as_a_guest_to_talk_about_haiku/
8 Likes

I watched this video yesterday. It is nice to finally put a face to a name! I have been away from Haiku for a couple of years. Nice to know Haiku is coming along so well! Lets hope Beta 1 is released this year!:joy:

4 Likes

Very nice to see and hear Augustin Cavalier about Haiku’s status…

4 Likes

Excellent.

Do we have somewhere what is the proper pronunciation of Haiku? The one heard on the show surprised me!

Just like the Poetry:

hahy-koo

Very cool! Nice PR!

2 Likes

Awesome! Downloaded the video and look forward to watching it.

2 Likes

Really enjoyable to watch, well done!

2 Likes

Augustin, that was so cool…really interesting. I learned a bunch of stuff I didn’t know. You did a great job and represented Haiku very well. Thanks for doing that, and for all the ways you help move Haiku forward!

4 Likes

All right everybody. Keep your eyes peeled for a surprisingly tech-savvy newbie on the forum. It could be Lunduke.

1 Like

Loved that geek ever since Linux Action Show and short-lived spin-off Computer Action Show.

Computer Action Show episode featuring Haiku and BeOS history class:

Some fun behind-the-scenes banter of the episode above:

Linux Action Show’s Haiku Review:

3 Likes

After hearing about it on the show, I turned my hand to “updating” the Scribus recipe at Haikuports. Very nice to see such an app working on Haiku!

2 Likes

Bravo!! Getting the word out.

yes scribus is working very well… only right-click is not working… you have to use the main menu instead…
If you know about this little problem it is quite productive already…

Very well done, waddlesplash (I love your nick, BTW). You represented the project very well and your enthusiasm is so motivating!

2 Likes

New Bryan Lunduke interview with Waddlesplash.

P.S.
Actually, on the video editing front we have UltraDV and Clockwerk, but both need a lot of love, of course.

5 Likes

Yes, this one was part of a livestream, and it took a while for the official upload to come around so I never made an announcement about it… It was a lot of fun, as before :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can view that youtube video through this page, but i’m not getting sound… recent hrev Web+. I can live with that for now. YouTube has been crashing Web+ upon loading the site. Must be something on the site itself and not necessarily in their video player.