Testing repository at eu.hpkg...... -> some problems

The steps i have done from hrev51428 i’m running at the moment:

1. Uninstall via haikudepot all qt4/qt5 and related programs (qupzilla, lyx …)

2. i disabled the usual repository for haikuports via haikudepot: packages.haiku-os.org

3. i add the new repository for testing purposes:
    https://eu.hpkg.haiku-os.org/haikuports/master/repository/x86_gcc2/current

4. i do a “full-sync” with pkgman, what installed, uninstalled and updated many many packages and i was at hrev51620.

After a “shutdown -r” i first want to start web+, but it came up with an error, i don’t remember.
Then i tried via haikudepot to install “qupzilla” without success: error about non deliver of lib5webkit_x86 > 5.5.1
Last try was with the “otter browser” again with no success: error of missing libcrypto or similar.

I then thought maybe a problem with haikudepot and want to try with the command line via pkgman.
But there was even a problem with the bash terminal: error of missing symbols or so.

At that point i unfortunately had to give up because of insufficient knowledge. Maybe i missed a step or some step was not correct or some packages are really missing.

Thanks in advance.

The crash of WebPositive is known and already fixed locally. I expected to have a package ready today, but it seems to take longer than expected to build (due to various issues I encountered on the way, and not using an SSD on the machine I used for that).

I will upload the 1.6.3 recipe as soon as I’ve confirmed that it works as expected.

I can’t comment on the Qt side of things, as I don’t follow that very closely.

1 Like

All qt4 apps are dead and qt5 qupzilla is useless so untill Web+ is fixed, BeZilla and Netserf are it.

Qt4 still hasn’t been rebuilt for gcc2. On x86_64 we moved most of the packages to use Qt5 which works just fine. Can you post a screenshot of missing symbol error you were getting?

Web+ should work again, I pushed the 1.6.3 version this morning. Hopefully it solves more of the bugs (both crashes, hangs, and drawing glitches) and does not introduce too many new ones.

3 Likes

PulkoMandy: It seems to be the same error with web+ (hrev51622) than i got yesterday with hrev51620:

Diver: The terminal “symbols missing” error was my fault: i used an outdated link on my desktop. After installation of all qt5 related things i tried to install “otter browser”, but haikudepot comes up with the following error message:

Qupzilla produces that:

The only qt related program working for me was “lyx”. The openjkd version seems not to be affected by the ABI/API break, because of netbeans 7.4 is working without any problems.

Without any browser besides “netsurf”, i again gave up for now and go back to hrev51428.

Thanks in advance to all of you.

I’ve had the exact same error message with Web+, and missing dependencies for otter_browser_x86 and qupzilla_x86 (using the buildmaster generated repo too).

In fact, I can’t even install NetSurf because it complains about a missing libssl. I’m using Links at the moment :slight_smile:

Chris

I just noticed that the QT errors are due to lack of x86 hybrid packages in the repositories. I’ve pinged mmlr to see what his plans are there.

1 Like

It has been several days, still no hakuwebkit 1.6.3 and therefore no Web+.

It takes a while for the package builders to catch up with the large number of package recipes we have, and there’s additional changes coming in while things are being built. Some things like Webkit and Qt take a long time to build, too, and if anything goes wrong or the recipe is updated, it needs to do it again. Some recipes have problems which are causing builds to fail and are being fixed.

The package build machines are hard at work compiling things as we speak. If things continue to go smoothly, the repo should fill itself with more and more applications and libraries over the coming days. Once the repo is filled, the load will go down as it will only need to build newly updated packages from then on.

After all the time it took to get the automated package building running, please, a little more patience, the machines (and developers) are at work… :slight_smile:

Webkit is being built right now, you can follow the status of the buillders at https://kitchen.haiku-os.org/master/x86_gcc2/

5 Likes

Jua: It is very interesting to look behind the scenes. Thank you for that. And yes i will be patient knowing you are all working hard for that.
Would be nice to give a starting signal for another try of the haikuports-repository after successfull building all necessary packages.

Thanks in advance.

FYI, the haikuwebkit 1.6.3 package has now hit the eu.hpkg.haiku-os.org 32bit repo. It’s save to update WRT Web+.

3 Likes

Also, the Qt4 packages was added to the x86_gcc2 automated repo.

Not sure if the Qt apps also need to be recompiled too, or not.

1 Like

Thanks to all of you. First tests of all mentioned applications (web+, qt things) are working again.
Further test are needed, i think, but here is a quarter to midnight.

1 Like

Well, I tried with several Qt binaries (pre ABI - Break), and works perfect with the new Qt4 and Qt5 packages from the automated repo.

Excellent! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I suspect that the beta X86_ 32 monopolizes all your resources but ,
For X86_64 , there are a new repositories , like for X86_32 , because Web+ , Haiku-depot seems don’t work - and update system is very light.

The beta will support x86_64 officially as well.
The repo is at https://eu.hpkg.haiku-os.org/haikuports/master/repository/x86_64/current , make sure you are using that.

Thank you, but the system responds to me “invalid url”.
it seemed to me that the files systems was protected in writing?
I missed something

Try this at the Terminal:
pkgman list-repo

And tell us what is the output.

sorry, I kept haikuporter in reduced mode and I think it’s because he refused the url.

my new deposits

pkgman list-repo
Haiku
base-url: https://packages.haiku-os.org/haiku/master/x86_64/current
priority: 1
HaikuPorts
base-url: https://eu.hpkg.haiku-os.org/haikuports/master/repository/x86_64/current
priority: 1

remains the problem with web + that sends me :

unable to create off-screen bitmap for webkit contents

Thank you for help