System76 laptop: Power off hangs

On my laptop, Haiku works remarkably well. One issue is that when powering off, it hangs at the Shutdown box (reboot is fine). This was an issue about a year ago, and went away, and is back more recently. I know this isn’t the place for bug reports, but I can’ figure out how to identify such a power issue in the syslog. Is that the proper place for such an issue, or is there a log file elsewhere I could use with a bug report?

Try disabling ACPI in safe boot options and see if this helps; also I have an old MacBook that has the same issue, usually telling Haiku to restart and then shutting down by pressing (but not holding) the power button at Haiku’s boot menu gets it to shut down successfully, hope this helps

Unfortunately that didn’t help, it just said something to the effect of “now safe to turn off the computer”. Also, I lost the battery status icon, even on subsequent reboots with that option disabled.

Yeah that’s a side effect, that safe boot option will disable ACPI so that basically means power features… too bad it didn’t work. Did the reboot and press power at the menu trick help though? (ACPI can stay on with this method); again, I usually use this second trick on a MacBook that’s stubborn at shutting down

You can eventually bisect to find the hrev which triggered the problem, provided the problem is reproducible.