Sound surprise - thanks!

Good day,

Finally, I was able to hear something out of my Haiku laptop. Just watched a youtube video with audio on the tuned Vaio VGN. Thanks a lot devs!! :+1: :+1: :+1:
[this might not be important to others, it’s the first time I hear anything from Haiku, and still no sound output on the Desktops through Displayport/HDMI -already ticketed here-]

Regards,
RR

11 Likes

You can usually redirect HDMI/audio to audio out/headphones…

Good day @cocobean,

Thanks for the tip. I’ll check if with an audio cable can do that to get sound out of display loudspeakers through the audio jack. :+1:

Regards,
RR

How to redirect?

If you are on a nightly build, this may be because of some recent refactors I have been making to the media system. Most of them were relatively insubstantial, but indeed a few of them seem to have actually fixed audio, somewhat inadvertently it appears.

I have had a suspicion for some time now that most of the “no audio” bugs have a common cause that is not in our audio drivers, but in the media server and mixer itself. I have some ideas for how people can diagnose this on their own systems… stay tuned for another forum post on that.

20 Likes

Good day @waddlesplash,

Yes, on nightly. I’ll be looking forward to those improvements :+1:, and diagnose method to report issues from the desktops.

Regards,
RR

2 Likes