Sequitur -- MIDI sequencing for Haiku

Yep, I will, after I’ve installed 32 bit haiku and tested that the patch doesn’t break the app on that.

6 Likes

Ok, played with the code a bit more and got a bit forward on getting it to work on x86_64. Also tested if the patch breaks the app on 32 bit. It seems to work and compile on both gcc2 and 4+ on x86 and compile (and not work yet) on x86_64. And also added the pull request @humdinger mentioned.

8 Likes

Just a quick update screenshot. Now it is running on x86_64.
screenshot10

12 Likes

i read through this entire thread

few thoughts on audio applications

1. pretend there is no console or scripting and all work must be accomplished with a mouse, and only keyboard keys with a dedicated purpose.

2. audio capture and mixing would be awesome, there’s some code for 3dmix in the repo iirc, probably be helpful with fleshing out the functionality

3. even a very very basic daw, is a start

3 Likes

keyboard and mouse are minimal in audio work. wherever possible a control surface sends MIDI messages to connected software filters and instruments, and to connected hardware. using keyboard and mouse are severely limiting in that only one change can be affected at a time. that’s not to say they should be ignored entirely, they just are the same regular ass serial controllers as a mackie controller, if only less suitable for the job. chances are good that every keymap you could want already exist for turning a keyboard into a MIDI controller, so rolling our own bindings isn’t necessary.

1 Like

i thought people here might like to see one of these Tascam DAWS demonstrated. This video isa quick demo presentation of the SX-1 console from 2002.

1 Like

Ummm, not sure where you are getting that info, yes control surfaces are common, but absolutely not mandatory in any daw afaict

that’s not what i said.