Screen Recording in Haiku

Hi all,

I’ll be taking delivery of a new(ish) laptop soon. I’ll be creating a new videos for YouTube on Haiku, and want (ideally) to do everything natively within Haiku itself.

I notice there’s a BeScreencapture piece of software to do screen recordings, but I don’t see any support here for audio recordings. Is it a case of recording audio/screen separately and editing together right now?

I’m also receiving a decent microphone soon, so ideally need something like Audacity to get the best out of it.

If anyone has a recommendation on the best tool(s) for the job natively in Haiku 64 bit I’d very much appreciate it!

Thanks!

1 Like

Good day,

@adamfowleruk, remember not to buy an USB only mic. My AKG is only USB and Haiku does not like it.
There is Sound Recorder, and there is Openshot video editor besides other Haiku apps like Clockwerk.
I would use screen recorder for the video, Sound Recorder for the audio and mix them in the multitrack video editor. I use Openshot, never used the Haiku ones yet.

Just needs patience and planning to sync the audio and video, though it is easy :wink:

Regards
RR

1 Like

I don’t think that BeScreenCapture has support for audio recording yet. Check the sources https://github.com/jackburton79/bescreencapture

…you mean BeScreenCapture? I cannot find screen recorder?!

Good day,

Yep @brunobastardi, you are right. I wasn’t talking about the software name itself. It is the BeScreenCapture, in Haiku. I use OBS Studio with the other OSes. I meant “a software to record the screen”… :wink:

Regards,
RR

1 Like

I got the gist of what you said. Lots of devs have a hard time parsing abitrarily phrased statements when they expect explicitly phrased statements. They tend to core dump upon reaching these exceptions. :wink:

You just have to pretend you’re doing a voice dub for an anime, while playing back the video of your screen capture of your “character.”

ah ok.
I thought you have another program for capture the screen!
I tried many options in BeScreenCapture but still cannot get satisfying results at its output!
Most of the Output is too slow…
What preferences should one use to get best results for capturing? Maybe I just have chosen the wrong options?

Good day,

Well, it seems to be trickier. I can do the screen record with BeScreenCapture on my Vaio (Core2Duo 3GB ram SATA HD), which uses an Intel GM45 driver without issues with the default settings, and “seems” ok.
I can’t use it on my Ryzen box (Ryzen5 2400G, 4GB ram SATA SSD), with the VESA driver. Recording on the Ryzen makes the interface responsiveness sloooooooooow, and the result is blank screen.

So I presume has not much to do with the options but with the video driver. Devs should correct me if I’m wrong.

Regards,
RR