Sanity

Looks like the package needs to be rebuilt. CC @Begasus, would you have time to investigate? :slight_smile:

Latest sane_backends has been disabled for x86_gcc2 (in the recipe), I’ll check if a build for it works here and if so will report back here

What scanner do you have? This is what I have on a nightly x86 build.

• scanimage --version

backend version 1.0.25

• scanimage-x86 --version

backend version 1.0.29

NOTE: Sanity is currently using the older sane_backends (GCC2). We can bump it to the newer sane_backends (GCC8)…

What hrev are you currently using?
What type of scanner?
I’m not having any issues here on hrev54330 x86_gcc2h or x86_64.
On a side note, since Sanity works on 64 bit, why are we not using sane_backends x86, libusb x86 on gcc2h builds?

Because atm there is no gcc2 version for sane_backends 1.0.29 atm (1.0.30 in the works), a PR has been filed by @cocobean for a gcc8 version for Sanity, this would solve the issue at hand, another fix would be to patch sane_backends 1.0.30 for gcc2 (parse errors for the most I have checked) …

We’ve updated the packages so you can try now.

1 Like

“man” files are Manuals (Documents)! Readme and so on.
I did not know that!

I have a canon lide 210.

With the new built you’ve made, I could install Sanity and scan my documents, thank you very much, it’s working fine now! (except there is nothing in the preview window or when I scan a document, but it’s not a big deal)

2 Likes

The preview window should be working. Check your settings. Also, for scanning with a Canon, it’s best to use network rather than USB.

1 Like

I can’t see anything in the settings which could make the preview actually preview. The preview window just remains grey.

My canon is only accessible by USB, there is no network on it (it’s a simple scanner, not a all-in-one printer)

Run Sanity from a terminal to see what’s happening. My own Canon multifunction takes forever to initialize over USB before I can scan an image. If it’s EHCI you may need to wait for a fix.