Reviving the yab community

Also if Team-Maui wants to swap from sourceforge to a more modern service, then there are these options:

1GB free SVN or Git repository hosted by assembla
http://offers.assembla.com/free-project-hosting/index.html

Free Bitbucket, Confluence and Jira tools with mercurial or git hosting by atlassian.

https://www.atlassian.com/opensource/overview

Github also has SVN compatibility:
https://help.github.com/articles/support-for-subversion-clients/

From the license:

1. You may apply bug fixes, portability fixes and other modifications
    derived from the Public Domain or from the Copyright Holder. A Package
    modified in such a way shall still be considered the Standard Version.

This is exactly what has been done. Yab will now compile on gcc2, gcc4, and should compile on x86_64. The code is easier to maintain and a few bugs have been addressed. Some new commands have been added to better support the GUI bindings. This is all done open and on-line.

Yes there is only one contributer at https://github.com/bbjimmy/YAB but this is a small project. Others are welcome to join.

yab is in better shape now than it was before I got involved with the .hpkg packaging project.

I acknowledge that I threw the page up on-line really quickly ( due to the missing haikuware and BeBits sites) and I was only thinking of having a download site for the latest yab version. The site was not intended to be an “official” yab site, but more like a place to get yab information. There was no intent to confues or deceive, just to keep people informed.

I have added a link and attribute to Team Maui as well as the copyright info for yab.

yab :

original yabasic Copyright 1995-2006 by Marc-Oliver Ihm
yab improvements Copyright 2006-2014 by Jan Bungeroth
yab improvements Copyright 2013-2015 by Jim Saxton

originally developed for BeOS by Team Maui

This is not correct, that latest version 1.7 for Haiku was released by jan_64 (team Maui). This version have some problem that are fixed by my self and bbjimmy, so it does run now completly on haiku alpha 4. All following releases for Haiku nightly builds are from bbjimmy.

So the copyright is allways by Jan_64 (Jan Bungeroth from Team Maui). Now Jan does not make a new version, so long there is no official Release from Haiku (no alpha and no beta), this is my last information.

Why you make so many trouble about this? Make a link to Team Maui and tell that they are the develpers of yab and that you have added some new features?

So long people ask for some one who make some new features for yab, but we does not found anyome, so now we have some one who have fun and time to change something and then this trouble shooting. Peace!

Lelldorin

*Sorry for bad english

[quote=stargater]@Lelldorin
Bedenke das ohne jan und meiner einer, aktuell kein yab mit buildfactory gegeben hÀtte, den code hatten jan neu geschrieben. Nur schade das es nun immer noch keine ggc4 und x86_64 yab version gibt.[/quote]

Das stimmt und dafĂŒr bedanke ich mich. Leider hatte die Version ein paar Fehler so das ein paar Dinge nicht korrekt funkunierten (Durch die Erweiterung der Lokalisierung), dies haben bbjimmy und ich repariert gehabt.

Das ist so nicht richtig wie ich oben schon sagte. bbjimmy hat sogar schon neue Features integriert. Hat im ĂŒbrigen, auch wenn nicht immer perfekt, vasper damals auch gemacht. Es gibt so viele Orte fĂŒr yab, da ein Entwickler von Haiku, auch wenn es gut gemeint war, aus dem Sourcecode von yab bison und flex rausgeworfen hat, weil er meinte das braucht man ja nicht. Dadurch konnte man dann keine yab Programme mehr mit der BuildFactory binden.

[quote]Zumal immer noch nichts von uns auf seiner Seite steht, auch wenn er das Logo nun nicht mehr Zeigt, sieht es immer noch so aus als hÀtte er es gemacht, keine link oder ErwÀhnung von uns!
Wie traurig ist das denn! So funktioniert Open Source? Wir haben immer zb yabasic erwÀhnt das yab darauf basiert und auch mit dem Entwickler per Mail unsere Absichten berichtet und es war immer nachvollziehbar wer yabasic gemacht hat.[/quote]

Hat er mittlerweile getan.

[quote]Aber wir sind auch gute Menschen, wie ich immer sage, der der gut ist macht gutes.
Ich bin erst mal raus, nun soll die Community sich mal positionieren aber wahrscheinlich wird man das vorgehen von bbjimmy tolerieren und ihn nicht zurecht weisen.[/quote]

Ganz ehrlich wĂ€ret Ihr ansprechbar fĂŒr die “wenigen” Entwickler in yab gewesen und hĂ€ttet an BUG Fixes gearbeitet, wĂ€re es dazu nie gekommen. Daher verurteile ich das ganze nicht, denn so haben wir mit ClasQM und bbjimmy immerhin zwei neue “aktive” yab Entwickler gewonnen.

Von Euch sollte vor einer Haiku R1 keine Version mehr kommen (Post auf Haikuware).

Ich denke keiner will irgendjemanden schaden oder etwas abspenstig machen, es zĂ€hlt hier nur das ĂŒberleben von yab.

Lelldorin

[quote=richienyhus]Hallo meine deutschen Freunde . Ich entschuldige mich fĂŒr einen Computer verwenden Übersetzer , aber mein Deutsch ist nicht gut genug, um ĂŒber komplexe Dinge wie Technologie sprechen. In Ordnung, ich werde gestehen. Mein Deutsch ist nur gut genug, um zu fragen : "Wo ist mein GepĂ€ck , ich muß es verloren , bitte helfen Sie mir , um meine Sachen zu finden. " Das ist, was mir geholfen, die in der Vergangenheit , als ich eine dumme Touristen in Deutschland.

Es wurde gefragt, warum es mehr als eine Version von Yab auf Github ?

Der Code in https://github.com/HaikuArchives/Yab ist nur zum Zwecke der Archivierung des Codes und zur Festsetzung der Körperbau (Maintenance ), falls erforderlich . Dies wird unter Punkt 2 der Artistic License erlaubt.

Die Gabel , die von Bbjimmy ( https://github.com/bbjimmy/YAB ) ins Leben gerufen wurde, ist , unabhĂ€ngig von der Haiku Archiv Repository , weil seine Änderungen nicht mit den Bedingungen des Satzes 2 Artistic License entsprechen.[/quote]

The link of Stargater to Sourceforge yab is an old website from the beginning, there are only the Version 1.0 available. Jan_64 have upload yab 1.5 on a newer Sourceforge Site at the release of the version, so there are two website from the original developers. yab 1.7 are uploaded to Haikuware direktly without Sourceforge, so there is no atually Sourceforge website for yab at the moment.

yab 1.5: http://sourceforge.net/projects/yab-interpreter/

For a long time, nothing more has been heard from other yab developers or people hit the yab. Are you out there or am I alone here?

We’re still heere. I can’t speak for anybody else, but I’m waiting for for a HAIKU Beta release to do any more work on yab or yab apps so that I don’t spin my wheels on things that might require a change to fix stuff that api changes break.

1 Like

Hmm, i does not find any app of me thats not not run today.

You can get any time this problem, big change done in haiku.

So we are at the same state, you begin to manage the source, because jan__64 has the same message for years.

playing with yab 
 I updated my analog clock.

On the fatelk repo.

4 Likes

More playing.

This one is on BeShare as yab_calc.zip

1 Like

Nice, something like this we (lorglas and my self) create a calculator on they way home of begeistert 19. We have much fun with it.

I am writing a new yab tutorial. I hope i can finish it next month or earlier.

I also do some thinking about new smal games for my son. He ask so long time for it.

Isn’t someone working on another Yab like IDE?

All over, everytime i have fun and time

4 Likes

WebConcept Creator looks like a great project!

What is SingleLineEditor?

A editor to edit single lines.

You open a textfile, this will be displayed in the upper listview, then you select a line of the text to edit it. The selected line are read out into the bottom textedit. Here you do the changes and put it back to the listview. This very fast working if you want to edit smal things.

Thanks Begasus. This is one of my oldest work.

I takes some time, but my new yab tutorial are complete and online) (some paths to images need to fix, but the tutorial is ready yet).

http://www.haiku.besly.de/index.php/en/development/140-yab/133-how-to-create-a-shell-tool-gui

5 Likes

Thank you !!! :beers: