Removal/Disabling packages

From our reports at the buildmaster we can see progress on failing dependencies. Might be good to give a heads up when one of those packages can’t be installed/updated/build anymore.

1 Like

First topic here:

fife-0.4.0~20150801-2-x86_64.hpkg:
	requires "lib:libboost_filesystem >= 1.63.0" of package "fife-0.4.0~20150801-2" could not be resolved

swift_lang-3.1-1-x86_64.hpkg:
	requires "lib:libicudata >= 57.1" of package "swift_lang-3.1-1" could not be resolved

For fife there is a PR ready to disable it at: fife, disable, can't be build/installed by Begasus · Pull Request #8839 · haikuports/haikuports · GitHub
For swift_lang there is a PR ready to disable it at: swift_lang, disable recipe, build is broken, current package can't be… by Begasus · Pull Request #8837 · haikuports/haikuports · GitHub

Both packages are 64bit alone, if you are still using it (have it in your system packages directory) it might be good to speak up here too (or over at haikuports) so you don’t run into them being removed from the system on a system update.

If you have plans to fix these build you can speak up here too (I haven’t been able so far).

2 Likes

fife and swift_lang have now been disabled.

1 Like

Fading out Swift lang is sad for me, but I just lost interest enough to take fixing it.

I expected the latest Swift lang’s C++ interop works well with Haiku’s kits. But I read yesterday it requires libraries must be built with supported version of clang.

The Interface Kit relies on inheritance heavily (as is often the case with C++ frameworks), no support to extend C++ classes is disappointing to me too.

Let’s hope someone will step up sometime to get these back on track for Haiku, did numerous attempts on trying to fix/build them too, with no luck :confused:

2 Likes

More than a year later, apparently Swift 5.9 supports inheritance now:

As for extending classes, what about converting C++ types to Swift protocols, then extending from that?

Have been fidling with it in the past, not that easy and gave up on it. :wink: