Ramshankar?

I’ve attempted to add a HaikuPorts recipe for BeConverter (for what’s worth: see here), but seems that those sources are incomplete. At the very least, it is missing an “XEvaluator.cpp” file :frowning:

Might be time to contact Ram via mail to see if he can find the missing pieces? (tell him that BiPolar says “Hi!” from back in 2004 :stuck_out_tongue: )

Edit: I’ve open an Issue on the BeConverter repo, maybe we’ll get lucky, and Ram can see it and find the missing code (he made a commit to a different repo just a few hours ago).

2 Likes

Thanks for the updates guys. I’ve been pretty dormant in Haiku for a while, even though it’s my main OS! I’ve been fairly incommunicado for a while.
I think I need to jolt myself into actio, if I can! I never knew any sources for BeConverter were available. I’ll check out the links you gave.

I can’t seem to find the missing XEvaluator.cpp file in my backups. It should be possible to re-write the expression evaluator part. It’s a bit of work but the evaluator itself is fairly simple. I have written two more evaluators (unfortunately one is in C and one in Rust but neither are readily pluggable with what we need here).

Unfortunately, I don’t have the time right now for doing it (been sick last few days + job + life++). Will see if I get some time in the near future.

In the mean time, I’ll be glad to accept any patches :slight_smile:

9 Likes

it’s good to see you @Teknomancer . Hope you are feeling well soon and have a great new year.

We’ll see how long that lasts after you read MY patch! :stuck_out_tongue:

+10

1 Like

Thanks for the kind wishes and wishing you all the same :slight_smile:

btw, please feel free to post issues, requests or comments on existing tickets in Issues · Teknomancer/beconverter · GitHub

4 Likes

Nice to see you up and around @Teknomancer (long time no see) :slight_smile: And be sure, once @BiPolar or someone else got something to check out I’ll jump in. :slight_smile: Seaons Greetings!

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s definitely cheering to know that @Teknomancer/Ramshankar is still active. When I started this thread, I suspected he was long gone!

I cloned the Github repository, and as others discovered it is missing XEvaluator.cpp. I’m afraid recreating this would be beyond me without a lot of research, but maybeTeknomancer can remember enough to make it easier! Here’s hoping…

1 Like