Question concerning video display

According to the screen perf application I am using an Intel Extreme Graphics 2 (i855G) driver. That matches the hardware I have which is an Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME. This card drives the 1024X768 LCD in the Panasonic CF-29.

The screen looks nice and everything works as it should except the screen is offset downward about 10 pixels. This also means that about 10 pixels of the screen fall off the bottom of the screen. This is not a big issue, but there are times when the bottom item of a contextual menu for instance falls out of view.

Is there anyway to adjust the screen and move it up?

Thanks for your help

bill

//i||i@m ()/e

Perhaps you could adjust this on your monitor, using the monitor’s own settings?
My Samsung monitor has an auto adjust feature.

Mmm, I think from the model number given that this is a laptop (albeit an unusual one) and so it will not have external monitor controls. Generally laptops use a digital connection which should not suffer from vertical offsets of the sort described, so this points to the possibility of a driver bug.

The author of the (i855G) driver would be the best person to advise on diagnosing the problem further. It is possible, for example, that the digital output is not explicitly supported by the Haiku driver at all, and only works somewhat because it is configured by the system firmware at startup.

What happens if you force VESA mode? If the problem goes away then you know it is very likely to be a driver problem.

What happens if you force VESA mode? If the problem goes away then you know it is very likely to be a driver problem.

When I force VESA mode, the problem goes away.

Is there some configuration settings for the Intel Graphics drive that would correct the screen problem? Or does one just stick with the VESA driver.

Thank you for your help.

bill