Qt 5.3 for Haiku progress

Hi thatguy!

In the past month, Tokoe has started upstreaming his work and I’ve started reviewing it. So far, the Core and Network modules compile and generally work. Tokoe submitted code for QPA (QtGui/QtWidgets/QtQuick, basically) this morning, so that should be merged in the next few weeks.

Nice work, guys. Does Qt 5.5 bring any new apps?

any more progress to report ?

[quote=tokoe]Hej Munchausen,

I basically created the QPA plugin for Haiku, so at the moment the basic window handling stuff is supported:

• show widgets on screen
  • mouse and keyboard interaction (focus handling)
  • window handling (minimize/maximize), setting window title
  • clipboard handling
  • cursor handling
  • basic screen handling (e.g. request screen geometry)
  • support for QPlatformServices
  • support for QStandardDirs
  • support for QPlatformScreen::grabWindow()

I also have a private branch here that contains OpenGL support, but I wouldn’t call it stable yet. I’m unsure how to integrate the BGLView and the QPlatformOpenGLContext in a way that context sharing is done properly.
The simple OpenGL examples from Qt are running already, but the more advanced ones fail (which could on the other hand be an issue with my VirtualBox instance I’m using for development). If you are interested in the OpenGL patch, I can send you a copy, just drop me a mail to tobias.koenig at kdab.com.

Some month ago I also tried to port the qtdeclarative module, but since some 3rd-party libraries and the V8 JS engine was not ported to Haiku yet (and I didn’t want to litter the code with #ifdefs), I stalled these actions.
Maybe now, with QML using V4, it might be worth a try again… if I find some spare time :wink:

Btw, is there a Haiku mailing list where I can ask further questions about BGLView integration?[/quote]

I think a gentlemen named hamish may have attempted the V8 port, I think he goes by hamishm on irc

just a ping for march

The QPA port is upstreamed, so we’re now waiting on a few more critical things – clipboard, QWaitCondition, etc.

Sadly we didn’t make it into Qt 5.5 – the QPA plugin was merged a few days late for that. I’ll probably just apply the QPA plugin and the other changes since then as patches against 5.5, and then do a release and upload packages. Not much longer, then – a few months.

thank you for the update, I was just curious how the progress was, maybe do a blog post every few weeks just to let people know it is in the works.

the qt5 port is now at haikuports, what is the current status of features and functionality ? does anyone know ?

Qt 5.9.0 for Haiku
Опубликовано: 7 июн. 2017 г.
QtMultimedia with GStreamer backend
QupZilla and Youtube work fine

7 Likes

Wow, that’s awesome!

Edit: Is this available somewhere? Haikuports? Depot?

1 Like

This is very, very impressive!

Impressive indeed. Very nice work, @3dEyes!

Absolutely awesome !!! Your work is really impressive. Congratulations !!! :beers:

I guess haiku-development will classify as a good starting point.
What’s this context sharing point? Sharing a BGLView associated GL context with another view?

Well done! Will it be distributed on haikudepot? In this case, when?
I wonder if your 5.9 port is more polished than version 5.8 in haikuports which I used to build the DTP app Scribus (1.5.3 from trunk). The app runs but crashes due to a bug apparently related to the Qt port.

1 Like

How do we get our hands on this, please!?

It is not quite finished, 3dEyes is making last enhancement: native plugin to GStreamer. About that he is writing on his youtube chanel in link above:

kim be
Когда будем тестить?
Gerasim Troeglazov
Как только напишу нативный аудио плагин для гстримера, т.к. сейчас вывод идёт через глюкавый sdlaudiosink.

Thank you very much for the update!

1. gstreamer updated from 0.10 to actual latest version
  2. native haiku audio sink for gstreamer 0.10 and 1.x work fine
  3. native haiku style plugin for qt5 (about 90% widgets set styled for now)
  4. qtmultimedia builded with gstreamer backend and video and audio work fine
  5. qtwebkit builded with qtmultimedia: html5 audio and video elements worked (youtube vimeo etc.), online media streams not worked for now (Media Source Extensions in qtwebkit 5.9 broken)
  6. added to qpa plugin: system tray icons, initial opengl context initialisation

planed:

1. try to build qtwebkit from trunk for MSE support
4 Likes

Thank you for the update!