Qt 5.3 for Haiku progress

Ok thanks for replying.
PS:Do you use some default parameters or different ones depending on the image?

QtCreator 3.1.2 Screenshots:

1. Qt5_QtCreator_3.1.2(1)
  2. Qt5_QtCreator_3.1.2(2)

Hello 3dEyes
I wanted to ask for a while now the tools you use to convert the original PNGā€™s to .rdefā€™s files? you always have these Nice good quality icones with the apps you ported! care to share with us your secret?
Thanks

I do it manually via VectorMagic (raster to vector software for mac and windows).

Qt OpenGL - Qt5.3.1_OpenGL.png

Uhuuuuuuuuu

OpenGL in QT for Haiku
EGL in Webkit for Haiku

GL in all sides!

• missing now:
    Hw accel

Hi Michael, good to see you again.

This is great - thank you very much for dedicating some of your time to get Qt 5 working on Haiku, we all appreciate the effort!

Hi Michael.

[quote=michaelvoliveira]Uhuuuuuuuuu

OpenGL in QT for Haiku
EGL in Webkit for Haiku

GL in all sides!

• missing now:
    Hw accel[/quote]

Exactly.
Please kallisti5 give us hardware acceleration in modern Haiku gcc4h. Let it be even two selected new graphics cards(even four-year models). Without acceleration 2D/3D we have no chance of any modern applications(eg. graphics 2D/3D, open source games, fast transparency in system) working with reasonable speed.

PulkoMandy has worked with OpenGL in WebKit2 https://www.haiku-os.org/blog/pulkomandy/2014-08-08_webkit_weekly_report_40 , 3dEye you could talk to him!

Does this mean someone will FINALY port over kde? I mean why port qt if you donā€™t run a kde shell? I mean what is the point. Even the qt windows port is usesless as it does not have a kde shell. I mean why elese would haiku need qt as it does not have x,y,wayland, or x86 so there is no point. Again not trying to be rude or anything I just donā€™t see why doing it if it does nothing.

Thatā€™s super awesome~!

If there is going to be Qt 5.3 and Qt Creator on Haiku, Iā€™d finally find a good reason to port my Qt apps from Symbian to desktop. :>

@Linuxgamer94: srsly?!
Qt are excellent libs for multiplatform dev work, itā€™s not just for KDE which is actually Qt + their own custom libs (Plasma) and itā€™s kinda heavy as hell.

Hi AndrewZ

Iā€™m busy with real life deadlines in lawsuits.

Good to see you.

@Linuxgamer94: Having QT on Haiku means we can run apps that use QT as their GUI toolkit. There are web browsers, office software, simple games, messaging software, etc that suddenly become available or at least far easier to port. You can see a few of those apps in the screenshots 3dEyes has posted.

Amazing work 3dEyes. Very excited.

What?

Why would anyone port KDE?

There are huge volumes of apps that use QT but do not require any other components of KDE let alone need X11.

QtMultimedia through gstreamer now works. Online radio, youtube and vimeo are now playing.

Iā€™m almost finished writing a Dock that emulates the Mac OSX dock in Qt, but runs in Haiku without KDE!

Watch the video:

Regards,
hey68you

2 Likes

3dEyes, this is really amazing. Will it be available as an hpkg soon?

With the GL support I should be able to port the software for my USB oscilloscope :smiley:

Awesome 3dEyes!!

Flawless victory!

amazing work and so greatly appreciated