Post your Haiku screenshot!

I can provide you with the 64-bit version of NetSurf 3.8 - although, I suggest Dooble as it is modern for daily web browsing. Dooble works very well on Youtube and many websites with minimal user effort. Just modify your settings if you need Javascript or other features. Very lightweight browser.

Thanks! I tried to compile it myself, but it wouldnā€™t see the libcss. Iā€™ll check out Dooble, though, and see what thatā€™s about.

How it look using the stack and tile?

There is no stack and tile with the Mac decorator, sadly.

Oh what a shame, and with the beos style it is working? or still having the kdl screen?

No KDL on x86-32. Works fine!

1 Like

Where did you get the Charcoal font from?

Oh, wow! Coolness! :grin: Youā€™d need Geneva for the little fonts though for a 100% Mac look. :wink:

1 Like

Mac OS X releases usually have it in the Library/Fonts folder.

1 Like

I know. Unfortunately, Haikuā€™s font settings are not fine-grained enough to allow that :frowning:

Might have a look at this reimplementation of the olde Macintosh Finder if you want to go that far. https://bszyman.com/blog/classic-finder

Hereā€™s the 32-bit version of R1 Beta 1, running in VirtualBox! Iā€™m also happy to see that Audacious was ported to Haiku; itā€™s my preferred audio player! :smiley:

Haiku-R1-Beta

3 Likes

I would recommend adding more CPUs if you can. Haiku can handle more than one thread at the time :wink:

Do you have a slow mouse/graphics in VirtualBox?

Mouse and graphics are pretty good in VirtualBox, and Audacious worked quite well while playing FLACs.

I donā€™t have VB Guest Additions installed, but everything is working.

Which system is your host system? I am using MacOS. Maybe its because I cant use KVM its slow.

Debian Linux on its testing channel (buster/sid). My box has a Core i7-4790K and 16GB RAM.

It seems that the most haiku users and interest coming from running haiku out of Box and not directly on Hardware. We need more people running haiku without emulators, virtual boxes, etc.

2 Likes

I agree, but sometimes itā€™s not that easy. For instance, I have one computer that Haiku will boot to, but neither Ethernet nor Wi-Fi work (bugs are in place for those).

On my main computer, Haiku will boot and the Ethernet adapter works, but I canā€™t get any screen resolution going except 1024x768. Which is really, really, really weird because the very first time I booted the installer USB I was able to get a resolution all the way up to 4K.

It seems that the most haiku users and interest coming from running haiku out of Box and not directly on Hardware. We need more people running haiku without emulator, vurtuak boxes, etc.

I also agree, but two laptops I have that would be capable of running Haiku donā€™t work at all anymore.

I might consider a dual-boot setup on my ThinkPad X220, once I bump the RAM and add in a large SSD.

The X220 works great with Haiku. I have a X220 running exclusivly Haiku as my main system. Using my ThinkPad X61s right now with Haiku and it works great as well, even sound works out of the box.

Give it a try :slight_smile: