After installing the necessary build deps*, configuration fails with this:
Could NOT find SDL2_ttf (missing: SDL2_TTF_INCLUDE_DIRS)
This is odd, since sdl2_ttf_devel was already installed prior to configuring.
If anyone can help with this, then it would be much appreciated.
*There is no libz package in HaikuDepot, although it is for libpng to use it and that’s available. Hopefully this won’t cause issues later on.
On a related note, I did also also make a preliminary recipe for the game which HaikuPorter refuses to parse:
Attempting to run HaikuPorter on that results in:
Checking if any dependency-infos need to be updated ...
Looking for stale dependency-infos ...
/boot/home/haikuports/games-action/barony/work-3.3.5~git/port.recipe: line 13: Wheel: command not found
Error: Can't evaluate config file: /boot/home/haikuports/games-action/barony/work-3.3.5~git/port.recipe
This is also odd, as I’ve seen this with the VVVVVV recipe that I made too yet that one still works regardless.
Addendum: Here is the CMake output log, if it’ll help.
For SDL: You can either pass the include and lib folder to cmake or adjust the cmake modules and add SDL/SDL2 respectively to the include file search paths.
I got it built, but i don’t have the gamedata to test it.
Thanks, libexecinfo is oddly not in the dep list within the docs for the engine. The engine currently fails at the linking step here with this:
/boot/system/develop/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-haiku/8.3.0/../../../../x86_64-unknown-haiku/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/barony.dir/src/game.cpp.o: in function `segfault_sigaction(int, __siginfo_t*, void*)':
game.cpp:(.text+0x44): undefined reference to `backtrace'
/boot/system/develop/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/x86_64-unknown-haiku/8.3.0/../../../../x86_64-unknown-haiku/bin/ld: game.cpp:(.text+0x68): undefined reference to `backtrace_symbols_fd'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
No sound, although I couldn’t get this to work in Linux either yet.
Using objects does not work.
Slow, but that’s somewhat expected considering that this is entirely rendered in software. The menu scene though seems to be running smoothly, though.
Moving the camera is like if the character is drunk, unsure whether this is with the game, Haiku itself, or the fact that this is from inside a VM. Might test on real hardware later on just in case.
The editor meanwhile seems to work just fine:
I’ll work on the recipe a bit more later and a fork of the code with Haiku-specific additions to base it upon.
Edit: Still haven’t figured out how to let the user place the assets for the game, as they normally go into the same folder as the binaries and are split across different folders instead of being in a single data directory. Unlike VVVVVV the assets aren’t freely redistributable, so making a data package for that is entirely out of the question.