Popularity estimates with Google Trends

I think most of us share your concerns about the dominance of Google, MS, etc., but surely we need to be more concerned about doing what’s best for Haiku.

2 Likes

Yes, that’s why I will spend m’ time fixing bugs, not making videos. Sounds like what’s best to me?

And yes, there is no problem hosting vid os on our own website, that misses the “social network” aspect of it, but I don’t like that kind of thing anyway :relaxed:

3 Likes

This is spanning the wagon before the horse, of course, a horse of course. Once a team of video casters produce a consistent stream of videos, it’d be an incredible waste to not put it also on the platform with the maximum impact.

No need to further ponder hosting of the videos though until there’s a team producing them. Unfortunately, it’s vastly more work than suggesting it in a forum thread. That’s why it comes up often, and actual videos do not… :slight_smile:

Your time is definitely best spent on what you are already doing! I just meant that it’s more important to publicise Haiku than it is to ignore Youtube.

1 Like

if you have no interest in that work, I’m certainly not going to force it on you, nor do I think anyone is suggesting that. . I’d consider performing the USA English narration if someone puts the screen casts together.
.peace

Am I correct thinking Haiku does benefit in some ways from Google such as Summer of Code?

I understand these concerns and do my best not to use Geoff Bezos’ outfit for instance due to my concerns over their business practices. However I don’t see YouTube in the same terms (yes their commercial breaks are annoying) partly because I watch my short form amateur infotainment with Nebula.

There’s a difference between getting money from Google without giving anything else in exchange, and making Google earn more money and reinforcing their quasi-monopoly on videos on the web through advertising by giving us their work.

3 Likes

YouTube’s censorship is legendary.

2 Likes