Outside of Haiku, what are you doing?

What I do when I’m not in the Haiku community?

For 12 years I have been a pensioner, I have paranoid schizofrenia, that my some posts are not top flight. I’am travels in various chat rooms related to the disease.
Now I’m building my small laboratory, where I will deal with computers, PLC (logic driver) and electronics.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Just finished the wall tiles.

8 Likes

Nice work! Like the streamline and clean design. Congratulations!!!

Just curiosity: the floor is wood or some sintetic material? How well it resist the water?

The floor is made of wood tiles, but i dont know any other details, it was made by the construction company (it is a new building). I actually just made the upper row of zhe wall tiles, all other tiles was already there as i got the keys, i decided way too late to put the cupboard higher, so I had to add 8 more.

You are not supposed to use much water to clean it, some says using water on this kind of floor is a sin.
But thanks for the compliment.

This is the panorama from my balcony.

3 Likes

I created a new Youtube channel where I post videos with self-written mostly improvised music every Sunday (at least until I run out of ideas, hasn’t happened yet fortunately :wink: )
It started during corona “lockdown” (we didn’t have complete lockdown here in Austria like in Italy or Spain) and was so much fun that I decided to keep going.
It’s called “KlangGemüse” which means something like “sound vegetables” in English.
Anyway, maybe some of you want to take a look and listen, here’s the link for you:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrb0whjhKMIccxN4h_Sze8g

Hahaa and if you like it please consider subscribing to the channel. My goal is to get 100 subscribers so Youtube let’s me replace that awful looking URL with a custom one :wink:

6 Likes

Nice @BlueSky!

1 Like

Thank you @Begasus :grinning:

Nice, but I cannot view the video in Web+ :zipper_mouth_face:

I have to admit that I didn’t try viewing my own channel with Web+ yet. But I have watched youtube videos with web+ and that did work (got a lot better with the changes that were made to Web+ over the last year).

Is that something that has to do with the video format I upload it in or does Youtube convert all videos when uploaded?

I record my videos on my cell phone (Huawei P20 lite) and upload the videos to YT as they are. The container format is MP4, the video codec is h264 and the audio is 48kHz stereo AAC in 192kb/s

I’ll do some tests on Haiku in the coming days. If I can do anything to make my channel more Web+ friendly I will, of course :slight_smile:

No idea either, just liked to make you aware of this, so you can figure it out what happens.

1 Like

Just tested several random Youtube videos with WebPositive (Haiku x86_64, hrev54454) and none of them were viewable. The message display ed says “your browser doesn’t recognize any of the currently available video formats” (my own translation from German).
I’ll take a look at the bugtracker if it’s already been reported. If not I will create a bug report.

@brunobastardi: it does work in Otter though.

1 Like

I’ve been taking care of a new baby that’s 16 days old today. It’s been a pretty amazing (and terrifying) experience so far.

Hobbies like working on Haiku will have to wait for a while since I have very little free time now, although things are getting easier every day and we are starting to get more regular sleep.

10 Likes

Keep up man!

Hey congrats! :smiley:

Congrats to the new family member, a baby is mostly new, iirc. And it will grow up and get older but it will be still your baby. As long as they are still small they are small troublemaker, but if they grow older they become bigger ones.
So enjoy your time with the baby and see you soon.

1 Like

I tried many times to get video in my Drupal-website, just to find out the videos wont show up in Haiku.
Long time I did not try it again.

Congrats and enjoy the time while they are young, once they know how to use their feet it’s like constantly running after them :slight_smile:

Consider yourself lucky if you begin to sleep better in just 16 days !! :slight_smile:
We have 2,5 years old twin boys and sleep is not always normal still…and of course no free time at all…the only thing I can do (aside from day job) is to read this forum…