OS comparisons

Which OS is supposed to be more better when the end result is complete, Redox or Haiku?

Everything is relative.

Instead of having two different projects, why not combine it into one big project (I know that I have said this in the past), that way we have more people working on one thing, both ideas from both different operating systems can be implemented into one thing, and it will be much faster the development process.

Ideologies, preferences, subjective feelings, and so on, the list is infinite long.

So are you with me on that idea??

It’s like saying that Microsoft and Apple should make one OS together so that they have more people working on one thing.

It’s not going to happen. There are fundamental differences in philosofy and OS design, apart from using different programing languages.

I’m going to stop feeding the troll now.

1 Like

@extrowerk stated that everything is relative.

How the hell am I a troll?

Im not a software developer, and thus i don’t have the knowledge to be able to decide which language is better situated for general OS development and which is better for Haiku and for its targets (= personal computing).

Just to point it out. There is a lot of GNU/Linux Distros out there. In fact every day, a new one is born. Do you think that those distros (which the many share more than same software or historical origins) will join in the next future? The answer is clearly no, because each project has its own objectives. If people who share software, binary compatibility, history and in some cases the same repositories don’t join to make a big project; why should it be done by two projects with different history, focus and objectives? If you are worried by the slow advance made by haiku team, you need to consider the following:

• it’s a small project made by people in their free time
  • as voluntary work there is no money to get people working on haiku all day
  • the tech market grows very fast to grant some driver compatibility as other OS do

Perhaps the best way to help haiku to improve is codding or spreading the word n-n

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

What??

Yes I am well aware of that and I don’t blame any of the developers at all (and I know they are far more talented than Microsoft Windows developers)

Lol I wish I knew more C++.

You too mate =D

1 Like

This is not very nice to Microsoft developers.

2 Likes

Lol XDDDDDDDD

I am just typing something random so the above can be posted

There is a reason we set a minimal length on messages. If you don’t have anything useful to say, you can keep your laugh for yourself. Working around the limitation is not so nice. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

What is “Redox”?

An operatingsystem.

https://www.redox-os.org

1 Like

So its a Unix-like operating System that is writtin in Rust instead of C/C++. It uses a microkernal instead of a hybrid kernal that Haiku uses. redox-os.org

Its not ready and it is in its pre-alpha state.