Now we can play DVDs and media streaming on Haiku

thanks for the fast answhere

that what want was the smplay hpkg link .
on it the mplayer without dependencies from sdl (native haiku playback)
thanks kim1963

for the newer nightlys it must be repacked with libiconv.so.2

i hat hope i can make a little mediacenter app but mplayer can not access m3u8 streams with tokken
for all others is fine.

regards Jan

Hi Kim
the mplayer from this package crashes on the recent nightlies hrev:47860 & hrev:47886.
Do you happen to have a patch you would like to share with us?
Thanks.

[quote=khallebal]Hi Kim
the mplayer from this package crashes on the recent nightlies hrev:47860 & hrev:47886.
Do you happen to have a patch you would like to share with us?
Thanks.[/quote]

https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/11174

I am forced to use hrev47736

hrev47894 - work fine

This is exciting indeed, as it’s another area that has evolved. But… I think the relevant part today is NOT whether the OS will play a DVD or not… but if it supports open Web standards for digital video and streaming content online. And I’m happy to report that when I opened Web+ in the latest Nightly, and turned on the HTML5 player for YouTube (at youtube.com/html5 for those new to this), the video played flawlessly.

This, however, may have been dependent on the hardware I was using, etc. It may be different for others; nevertheless, it was rather exhilarating to watch this work outside of the “big 3”!

I’m not so lucky, it doen’t work on the same rev either.
I need to borrow a patch from someone so i can build it on my machine,yours was possibly compiled/optimized on a different CPU, that’s why it crahes on my machine.
anyone has a patch???

[quote=khallebal]I’m not so lucky, it doen’t work on the same rev either.
I need to borrow a patch from someone so i can build it on my machine,yours was possibly compiled/optimized on a different CPU, that’s why it crahes on my machine.
anyone has a patch???[/quote]

Package smplay installed in /boot/home/config/packages ?
/boot/home/config/settings/Qt/.config/smplayer/smplayer.ini ?
Start smplayer in Terminal ?

Yes to all 3 questions.

Try using this configuration file
smplayer.ini.zip

still no luck.