Next round of AI models being released

Actually, I never use G00gle (sic). And I rarely use AI, but when I do, it is for simple questions I know it usually gives decent answers, like “in what movie actor A played the role of a caretaker?”. It saves me some time in such cases.

I treat AI as a search engine, because that’s what it essentially is. And I never trust the answer I get before verifying it. Quite often the links it provides for “proof” are irrelevant.
I never use it for something serious. I had test cases where the links it provided were actually proof of the opposite it gave as answer.

You are the one pretending that we have been doing things wrong and we should be replaced by text generators. This is treating people who have put years of care into writing good code and documentation (even if incomplete) like dirt.

In this case I think it was relevant to the discussion. And editing other people’s post without very clearly marking it seems like abuse of your moderation rights.

What do you fear? That the generated text happens to actually be good and people like it? No chance, so, no need to hide it.

3 Likes

I thought so. If you don’t specify the role it should assume, your goal, the steps it should take, the output format it should create and give as much info/examples as possible, you’re doing it wrong. You’re better off using a search engine. Like Google.
If you don’t have a clue what a LLM is and how it’s used by AI, it’s better not to spread any more FUD.

1 Like

I should have marked it better (edit: and have done so now), and for the motivation it is effectively spam since it takes super long to scroll past such a thing on a mobile screen, and provides nothing to the discussion, it was not reflected upon in any way just dumped.

I thought so. If you don’t have a clue how to test AI with various non-trivial and well-specified questions, it’s better not to spread any more nonsense.
I’m sorry but you get what you give.

1 Like

I did a course and use it a lot, with good results. Since you apparently don’t get good results, look at your own prompting skills.
It’s all fine if you don’t like or want to use an AI, but if you don’t understand how to use them properly, stop posting nonsense.

1 Like

My answer is exactly, precisely that sentence, and it will be the last one for you.
You can keep trusting AI and use it for programming for all I care.

I use it for whatever I want, thank you.
That includes programming.

1 Like

Yup. These AIs are garbage in, garbage out. If you know how to program already, they tend to be helpful.

1 Like