Announcement: New/updated in HaikuDepot (2023)

I guess that you’re also limited by the mapped numbers on keyboard… Unless you made that configurable.

That kinda too. Though the computer-keyboard-numberkeys are only meant as a quick fallback, if you’ve mislayed your MIDI keyboard. :slight_smile:
It’ll also prevent running several Samedis for more pads, because they’ll all react to the same key then. [Edit: Actually, no, but only the active Samedi window will respond to the key…]

I don’t see making the app more complicated by allowing to config the computer-keys. People without hardware MIDI controller can run MidiSynth and have a full costumizable keyboard.

1 Like

Fellow Haiku enthusiasts, this time it’s my turn to announce a new version of ffmpegGUI that was developed over the past 2 months in collaboration with @humdinger.

Well, here it is, version 1.2. It’s available via HaikuDepot/pkgman or in source form at GitHub - HaikuArchives/ffmpegGUI: GUI for FFmpeg

The main new features are:

• a job manager that enables queueing and running multiple encoding jobs
  • a cropping tab with a graphical cropping preview, so you can actually see which area you are cropping
  • a quite detailed help page explaining the different functionality of the program

Furthermore there are several small improvements, if you want the details please take a look at the release notes at Release Release 1.2 · HaikuArchives/ffmpegGUI · GitHub

A big thank you goes out to @humdinger and to everybody else that contributed to this release, especially the translators over at the Polyglot project (https://i18n.kacperkasper.pl/)

Hope you enjoy this release! Bug reports (every software has bugs, right? :wink: ) at the issue tracker on the github page please :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Congrats on the new release, had been looking into the translation, but I think there are too many technical terms in there for me to do one for Dutch. :ok_hand:

1 Like

We had to remove a number of translations, because the newly added strings weren’t updated in time, btw.
Many of the technical terms aren’t yet included in the app, but are in the “Advanced options” tab which aren’t yet implemented.

Maybe looking at Avidemux or similar video processing apps can provide some inspiration. Dunno if that one is available for Dutch, though.

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: ffmpegGUI discussion

I have released version 1.0.0 of BGhostView, so if you need to read postscript files, you can now use that.

I made a short blogpost about it on my personal website: BGhostview postscript viewer for Haiku

16 Likes

@Habbie ported vis “A vi-like editor based on Plan 9’s structural regular expressions” over and is now available in the Depot for install. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Now available in the depot, fltk version 1.3.8, with a patch provided by @waddlesplash (and the work he did on xlibe) the port has been enabled and working (did already a check with tuxpaint-config which is working fine). :ok_hand:

10 Likes

Does FLTK have Fl_Gl_Window properly handling OpenGL requests in FLTK fashion?

As I’m not a developer so I can’t answer that, I know OpenGL is disabled (for missing libglvnd iirc) for fltk.

A wip recipe to get libglvnd is at haikuports, but not enabled for now.

2 Likes

Any interesting fltk apps that we can use? i did search on the net but couldn’t find any, some of what i found are very old and unmaintained.

@khallebal: This is from the fltk website: Links: By Category - Links - Fast Light Toolkit (FLTK)

1 Like

So far the only one I encountered is tuxpaint-config (an admin tool for tuxpaint), that never worked and now does (so expect that to be released soon at haikuports) :slight_smile:

Yes, i’ve seen those, most of them (if not all) are unmaintained since a decade, i guess i’m gonna have to go through them and see if i can find something usable, may the flxine player or D+ browser.
@Begasus i 'll test tuxpaint soon and see if it’s woth it.

TuxPaint has been around for ages, just not the admin tool to control the application. :wink:

It seems to be using SDL, what is it got to do with fltk?, is it just a user interface to this admin tool?

TuxPaint uses libSDL2 yes, tuxpaint-config uses fltk.

My wip atm: tuxpaint-config, new recipe · Begasus/haikuports@beb6476 · GitHub

I didn’t implement GLX yet in Xlibe, so no. Due to how GLX handles OpenGL contexts, it won’t be particularly easy to implement purely on top of the BGL API. Once we have libglvnd being used as the default OpenGL implementation, it should be possible to mix BGL and EGL, which should make implementing GLX possible.

4 Likes

New RC1 for TuxPaint 0.9.30, now also with (finaly after 3 years looking into it!) Tux Paint Config. :smiley:

15 Likes