Thanks! I cleaned up the code further for the patch, mostly just adding spaces after all my ifs which I am not used to. I corrected anything reasonable detected by the python style checker.
My exact thinking too. The patch includes changes to wording in HakuDepot to use repository where appropriate. I changed some constant names too but there is still other stuff in the code referring to "depot" that could be changed.
I'd be happy to help out. I am currently working on some notification server stuff but I'll do what I can. I mostly just copied what was in pkgman but adapted error handling to a GUI. I saw your software updater and that was part of my reason for not merging my code directly into HaikuDepot as other software like an updater may want to launch it to allow changes to the added repositories.